Terrible head pressure

[Tr...]

Since early June I have been getting these terrible headaches. Back of the head, where it touches the back of the neck. Front right. Entire head feels like exploding,  or imploding. Like the brain is in a cramp. They last for a couple of hours and then suddenly stop. It doesn't happen every day.  I feel really awful, when they take place. Anyone recognize these symptoms? What causes them? For me,  it's the worst of all my WD symptoms. Any response would be welcome.

Hi Trochsetter!

I have had all kinds of head pressure and headaches during my taper. From what I have researched, it’s a common symptom. I have had headaches that last all day. The head pressure comes and goes for me. Some days it’s really bad. I hope you feel better soon.  :thumbsup:

Sandy

Me too, it’s not like the normal headache, just feels that your head will explode with a very high pressure inside and you will lost your mind then go crazy very soon, for me this sx will take a long time to recover, feels it destroys my brain every times. No idea what causes them and I had to take some rescue doses to avoid going nuts. :o

Add me to the list. It has happened at 10 mg in two different tapers for me. Caused me to fail the first one. Still with me in this one. It is maybe the hardest symptom that I deal with. It waxes and wanes some days, but it always shows itself.

Thank you all for your response. Don't know wether to keep holding or to speed things up to get this poison out of my system. The jury's still out on that one. I tapered three years ago off of 2 mg Diazepam and 20 mg Paroxetine at the same time. No problems whatsoever. 

This time around it's almost undoable. But I started at 10,75 mg Diazepam this time. That might make all the difference. Will have to soldier on.

Sandy, I see you're under 2 mg V now. And shashal at 1,25 mg V. That's way ahead of me. What's your taper speed and  how are you coping?

Do you have to hold for longer between steps?  At what point will you jump?

Sandy, I see you're under 2 mg V now. And shashal at 1,25 mg V. That's way ahead of me. What's your taper speed and  how are you coping?

Do you have to hold for longer between steps?  At what point will you jump?

Hi Trochsetter,

I just followed the Ashton Manual cut 0.5mg to 1mg every weeks, the speed depends on my feeling of my body. I cut my pill and weighed it daily as every 28mg=1mg V (1 pill=70mg includes 2.5mg V in our place). I just held for one week because I hit the tolerance at 1.25mg, before that everything was under control. So I’d like to slow it down of my last part, maybe will jump under 0.5mg.

I used to get the same thing!!! It scared the crap out of me. I felt like my head was going to explode.

It felt to me as if air was blown into my head to the Fullest capacity ...hang in there , it’s probably all due to the Klonopin

That head tension is from withdrawals and I believe that the muscles in the upper body and neck have a lot to do with it. Even the jaw.  So for me, recognizing when things were getting tight and taking time to manually and emotionally relax them did a lot to prevent the extreme headaches. I would either massage myself or use a tennis ball against a wall and then rest after with the deep breathing. Loosening the jaw with direct pressure and small index pressure on the scalp.

Great tips, Les. You're right about the muscle tension. I'm squeezing and massaging my neck and shoulder muscles lots of times every day. It does help sometimes.

Angelinn: are your headaches getting any better? I know that sounds pretty stupid; what I mean is, are you getting less intense and less frequent headaches? 

Check your blood pressure when it happens. It happens to me on a daily basis. It can happen when your pressure goes low and also when it goes high in my experience. Withdrawal affects BP.

Trochsetter,

In reply to your question, I no longer get those head pressure feelings/ headaches. They were pretty bad. I honestly felt like I was going to go crazy! A lot of the symptoms I had were from the Klonopin ...in my case I think it’s because I was on .5 mg for SOooo long without increasing. I think I wanna so messed up because my body was craving more for so long. I feel a whole lot better now that I’m down to .05.

Hang in there. It can only get better! Your body will need time to heal and get back to normal.

Hi Angelinnny,  so far this week no awful ones. Touchwood. Only the odd normal headache. Today it's two week into my holding on 3,6 mg Diazepam. So there might be some improvement because of that. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement.

I cannot tolerate pain meds of any kind.  So when I get them and I'm having one beginning right now.......I use ICE PADS all around my head.  Some times it helps if I catch it fast, other times, it's all day, all night into the next day.  The Ketogenic Diet (not saying you should go on it) but it takes down Inflammation and I'm noticing it's not as bad as it was before I began this diet.

But I CAUTION you not to try anything unless you do Research first and NEVER take anyone else's opinions on anything.  You have to listen to your own body and how things make you feel. 

The Ice pad helps me a lot since I cannot take meds.  Hope you feel better and for some odd reason this head pressure seems to be part of the benzo tapering and healing that we all seem to be dealing with.