Apologies

[ch...]

Dear All

It has been pointed out to me via a PM, that I should seek a therapist, and that I am upsetting others with my posts

I do apologise if that is the case. It has never been my intention,

I suppose I have begun to see people on here as my friends and instead of sticking to help with  taper plans, I have spoken of how I feel and my fears,

If that is wrong, and I am upsetting people then the right thing for me to do is leave the site,

I truly apologise. 

Jen

Dear All

It has been pointed out to me via a PM, that I should seek a therapist, and that I am upsetting others with my posts

I suppose I have begun to see people on here as my friends and instead of sticking to help with  taper plans, I have spoken of how I feel and my fears,

If that is wrong, and I am upsetting people then the right thing for me to do is leave the site,

I truly apologise. 

Jen

Oh absolutely not. You are in withdrawal. Suffering is the point. You need friends, as I said I am here.

I’m your friend!

Azalea

You can freak out, here:

In The Depths of My Sadness

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=227235.0

It’s all about being sad and unreasonable... anyone is welcome. You can be any way you want; I’ll deal with it.

After all, I deal with me... daily. And if I don’t I am dealt with... even when I do deal with me. Which is what I normally do: freak out about myself constantly.

Jen,

Pls don't leave this site!!! You are going through so much and there are so many of us who want to help you!!! I am right behind you at 1.16 mg and feel like I am doing this with you! Together!  Everyone has a different way their body reacts with their WD symptoms and like many others, yours has been a very, very tough go!  I will always listen to you and try to comfort  you, reassure you, encourage you, when things seem unbearable.  Everybody needs somebody and many of us are here and will continue to be.  I know if I were in your shoes I would want the support you have been getting!  Please keep up your fight and let those of us who want to support you as best as we can, continue to do so!  ❤😘 Blacklablady

Hi Jen who messaged you?At the end of the day my love you are expressing how you feel as you have every right to do.This is a support group so continue to post.lf you are scaring people they really don't have to read your posts.X

Some of the best stories are the ones where, after all is said and done, a person can look back at how afraid they were and how far they came.

Jen, no, ain't happening.  We need you and you need us.  If someone doesn't like your posts, absolutely, it is their right NOT to read them.  Love you, will talk to you soon 💜💜💜💜💜

Holy crap! Was it an admin that messaged you? If not, whoever it was should knock off trying to police you for coming here for support. Shame on them! You are here, struggling like all of us, for support. Whoever did this should realize you don't kick people when they're down, especially on a place like BB. On a good note, looks like you're doing GREAT with your taper!! Keep up the good work and please don't leave us! ❤

People who are upset with posts on BB have a simple option to deal with that.  They can just quit reading them.

You keep posting/sharing whatever you feel necessary!!

no apologies neccessary hon!  omgoodness, this site is for support, for a place to find help, and info on our sxs and also to vent! i really don't understand why someone would tell you to leave when it is them the ones getting upset...i've never seen a post from you that would warrant "excommunication" from the church of BB lol! i jest but i'm serious about you being welcome and wanted here. everybody has their quarrels, some of us even strongly dislike each other, but we are going thru shit all of us, with damaged and sometimes healed/partially healed brains and bodies from these meds. so none of us can judge if you are expressing whatever you're going thru, it's your right to exprress it, within the forum rules/guidelines of course.

you always seemed real sweet to me, maybe i missed something but anyways...please don't turn away because of one person's opinion. opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one!  :)

ps. if you are suicidal or hurting yourself (i have no idea why the pm or what it was about, i'm just throwing a wild guess out here) and posting about it, sometimes the mods will allow discussion about those sxs or feelings but  it is worded carefully and the poster is showing signs of taking care of themselves by seeking help from professionals etc, that kind of thing, but sometimes they won't allow it because it can trigger others who are sensitive to read about someone doing that or thinking about doing it...i think they have to judge each case individually but anyways, my point here is just in case that is what this was all about, i think you should still get some professional help until you're safe, but don't leave the group cause we feel you and we'd miss you.  :smitten:

Jen, are you doing okay? I have been thinking about this all day and I'm still angry. You are such a sweet lady whose been through so much. I have learned from your perseverance through your struggle. It inspires many of us. I'm on an online GI support group for my awful stomach issues and one member this morning started attacking me online because I mentioned God (not to her, but another member of faith) and told me my ideas were dangerous and non-helpful and attacked me. Boy, I let her have it! She didn't respond back. People that want to police the speech or feelings of those suffering should keep to themselves. They are the ones who are dangerous. It's sad that even in support groups, there are still bullies that prey on others to make themselves feel better. They are what they call internet trolls, hiding their ugliness behind the shadows of their computer. It must be a full moon or something bringing out the worst in those people. You are very important Jen. You matter. We are rooting for you and some of us praying for you. You can PM me anytime. You didn't do anything wrong and you don't need any extra worrying on your plate.

No Jen-

You’re not going anywhere. This is a support group. You’ve got a fan club of buddies who are rooting for you and love you, including me.

I don’t post fuzzy warm, happy things as you know I’m in the back of the boat with you. We’re scared and looking for advice from those who have been there and done that. Some day we will be seasoned, healed and able to give advice to those that are in despair

We have spent days sending each other PM’s at times when I needed someone the most. I wouldn’t have gotten through one  particular Sunday without you. Love you❤️ Lil

I know who sent you the PM.

I would take their claims of being 'healed' - as well as their advice about dealing with infections and other issues in w/d - with a huge pinch of salt.... Be careful on here; there are those who claim healing, while in truth their hearts are closed.

Take care.

Hey Chin,

Yes, -Just to support what Everyone is saying..

I think you hold it together very well, -all considered...

-and thats not even a requirement anyway....

Best wishes...

:)

Ps, It might pay to “report”, Incase there are other instances from a person.. -your call on that one..

I know who sent you the PM.

I would take their claims of being 'healed' - as well as their advice about dealing with infections and other issues in w/d - with a huge pinch of salt.... Be careful on here; there are those who claim healing, while in truth their hearts are closed.

Take care.

:thumbsup: well said

Dear All

I truly apologise. 

Jen

Mod warnings are just a sign that our brains are healing. Take it with a grain of benzo.

The BB team openly addresses posts when the forum’s guidelines are in question. We are here to help support others as we were supported during our worst moments, and we also help keep the forum running so there is a safe place to share misery with those who’ve been through or are going through the same thing.

Talk of suicide/suicidal thoughts, if over the limit of the guidelines, is hopefully always addressed in a compassionate manner. PMing someone to seek a therapist is not something that would come from the BB team.

Take care, all.  Hope that clears up some concerns.  :smitten:

I am so sorry if I have caused confusion.

Truly I would prefer to forget what was said to me,  but be assured it was  not one of people helping to run this place,

It upsets me to think I might be hurting others and I don't want to do that at all.

I love this place but not to the point of upsetting anyone,

All your kind messages mean so much, especially now when I am down at the deep end of a long and oh so hard taper for me,  I know I need support to finish this and there is no better place,

You are all caring friends to me .

Just a bit lost at the moment,

Maybe my chest infection and the amoxycillin is adding into the mix as well I don't know,

I am at such a low dose , but not low enough to stop, even though I have been ill almost from first taking Valium, and would dearly love to be free,

I really cannot bring myself to hold at this point, so I keep going and hopefully I will start to improve once free of this drug,  I have to believe this.

Still a way to go  yet, though, down to 1.1mg today,

I never want to make this journey again, and could not have got this far without all your wonderful support,  I think I may need a fair bit of it for this last bit,

Hopefully one day I will be able to help others through this, as I have been helped

How can I  leave you all ?

love to all

Jen 

The BB team openly addresses posts when the forum’s guidelines are in question. We are here to help support others as we were supported during our worst moments, and we also help keep the forum running so there is a safe place to share misery with those who’ve been through or are going through the same thing.

Talk of suicide/suicidal thoughts, if over the limit of the guidelines, is hopefully always addressed in a compassionate manner. PMing someone to seek a therapist is not something that would come from the BB team.

Take care, all.  Hope that clears up some concerns.  :smitten:

Thank you! This is awesome! I hope the person sending dangerous private messages to anyone on here (since we're all in fragile states) is reported and warned for this. I cannot imagine what would happen if they sent something so offensive to someone who was feeling incredibly unstable, that it might push a person over the edge. I'm glad Jen put this out there so she can see she is loved and respected by so many, and that the "bully" message does not represent anybody else's opinion. This is a GREAT support group because we can share our misery with those who can relate to us when nobody else can. ❤

Chin, we in the USA have a saying "Keep on truckin'" when things don't go our way. Whatever you said that upset someone else can be forgiven as you have NO idea what will upset someone else. I doubt that person meant any harm. Perhaps they were having a really bad day  and wrote you out of personal frustration.

I seriously doubt you said anything THAT scary!

The Mods here are dillgent about checking all posts every day and if they see something "hinky" they respond right away. This is one bump in your road I think you can get over...…fast. Just keep on truckin, lady bug.

east  (Annie)

Jen,

Hang in there sweetheart.  You will get through this and don't let other ppl's complaints bother you.  You need to vent right now, it's a difficult time and we all understand that.  We love you.  Please feel free to share, we understand what you are going through.  SO many have gone through this horrific time but they did come out and YOU WILL SUCCEED and Finish this race.  You will overcome and have full recovery.  Share any time you need to honey.  We're here for you. 

HUGS........Kimmie

Just found this thread today nd wanted to add my voice to all the support that has been already given. This should always be a nonjudgmental safe place for all of us. Espy