Using Vistaril and/ or doxepin to aid in Taper off Klonopin useful?

[Ol...]

My psychiatrist wants me to do a taper, going down by about 15-20% per month of my Klonopin (2-3 mgs for past 6 years), but also wants to add Vistaril and Doxepin to support my taper (anxiety and insomnia concerns). Any advice or feedback from anyone who has used any or both of them to help taper down off of Klonopin?

My psychiatrist wants me to do a taper, going down by about 15-20% per month of my Klonopin (2-3 mgs for past 6 years), but also wants to add Vistaril and Doxepin to support my taper (anxiety and insomnia concerns). Any advice or feedback from anyone who has used any or both of them to help taper down off of Klonopin?

When I went to acute withdrawal vistaril was just a bad joke. Now that my withdrawal is less severe, vistaril does help take the edge off a little. A slow taper will help more than anything IMO.

Vistaril is an prescription antihistamine that has some anti-anxiety/sedative properties but shouldn't be used for a long period of time. Unisom (Doxylamine) is an OTC antihistamine that has a lot of the same properties and is sometimes helpful for sleep.  I used both for way too long and they dried me out big time. Used for a long period I found they weren't helping me for sleep or anxiety anymore.  Stopped both and my sinsuses cleared up and I sleep just as well without them.  IMO, occasional use is ok but not to be used every day/night.  I have no experience

with Doxepin/