LT Clonazepam using micro taper

[Da...]

I'm new here and want to be able to search posts.  I have been a member of facebook groups in the past but they object to dissolving the tablets in ethanol.  I have successfully tapered from 2 mg to .25 mg at present using ethanol + water coming down very slowly.  At present not needing advice but hopeful to find helpful tips and discussions.

Hello Dancer70,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! It appears that you have found a plan that works well for you.  Congratulations on doing so well on your taper so far. What benzo are you tapering?

Since you feel you don't need advice, I'll give you a couple of links to boards that might be of use to you.

I'll give you a link to the Titration Board.  It is a dedicated board for those using this particular method to taper off benzos.

I'll also give you a link to the Withdrawal Support Board (during your taper). You can post there are receive feedback from members.

I'm glad your taper is going well and we'll be happy to support and encourage you as you complete it and become benzo free. In my opinion it's well worth the effort. Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

Titration Taper Plans     

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

pianogirl  :)

thank you for the kind welcome and helpful links.  I had typed a long reply but was timed out.  I will post my story again in a bit.

I was on Paxil over 10 years and Ambien at least 10 years.  I CTd both at the same time.  A nurse also took me off Clonazepam .5 mg and Ropinirole 1 mg CT and prescribed Seroquel for insomnia a few weeks later.  What a mess.  Due to insomnia, partial doses were reinstated.  I have no recollection of increasing my Clonazepam dose but eventually was taking 2 mg prior to this taper.  I experienced a CT of Seroquel, Clonazepam, and Ropinirole in 2009 and almost died, according to my doctor who reinstated all 3.  I'm better educated now...but then I had no idea drugs were harmful or that you could taper off them.

In 2017 I was on the admin team for a benzo withdrawal support group on facebook.  I developed a water/ethanol taper tutorial and posted it to the files in two groups.  Within the tutorial was a math tutorial with step-by-step instructions for a taper.  I now have a benzo taper page for information on using ethanol as a solvent.  The page is used to aggregate information on benzos and withdrawal.  I wanted to help people safely discontinue using the micro taper method and share the information I had spent hundreds of hours search the net for.  A lot of the information came from benzobuddies and I'm very grateful to the members of this forum, past and present.