How much to exercise? Feel like cortisol levels are high

[Bl...]

Hi buddies, I am not feeling good today, exhausted, digestive issues and body aches. I’ve been exercising lately (like a month ago) in eliptical machine and light weights. I think exercise helps a lot, but I read it can increase the cortisol levels, so I need advice on what to do.. please, should I just suck it and go to the gym to improve my cortisol lowering? Or will this make things worse?

Any help appreciated

Blossom

I built up slowly and pushed through those revved up feelings.  On the whole the exercise, made me more relaxed and did so much more.  I was active when I was younger and I believe that helped.

Heavy exercise caused a massive setback for me at 2 years out.

I would suggest taking it very, very slow and sticking with light stuff that isn't too taxing on your body/CNS.

Light to moderate exercise is beneficial if you’re able, otherwise one can become pretty debilitated simply from inactivity as you’re waiting to heal/feel better. You may have some amped symptoms because the central nervous system overreacts to any stimulus, but those are just symptoms and not an indication that your healing is being slowed down or stopped.

Cortisol levels are likely to run high anyway, whether you exercise or not.

:smitten:

I had been able to exercise pretty heavily up until the low zones of the taper, I was really pretty sick after a heavy round Sunday My heart rate was really slow to come down during cool down and lots of other unpleasantness. Going to try something moderate soon and see how that goes