Is 2mg Valium doing anything?

[CM...]

I’m about almost down to 2mg and it feels like the end.

Doesn’t feel like it’s doing much of anything anymore.

My question is, is 2mg Valium therapeutic? Does it reach the gaba receptors at this dose?

I don’t plan on jumping here, but just curious as to what exactly is going on in my body. Because it feels like I have stopped the medicine even tho I’m still on 2mg.

Opinions?

You have likely reached tolerance?  I think many of us are at this place - I know I have been for some time and am now just trying to safely get off.  I don't know what physical and mental symptoms you are experiencing and you shouldn't scare yourself but just try to accept what will come, in order to safely taper and discontinue to allow your body to heal.  Easier said than done, I know.  In addition to it "not doing anything" other than keeping me from having a seizure and some other bad stuff, I have been having some really scary symptoms for some time now and it's not easy.  Thankfully for you, you are making great progress and aren't very far away at less than 3 mg. 

Hey CMZ, this is just my opinion, I think jumping at 2 mgs if you are already symptomatic is a bad idea, , you might consider slowing down some and coming off at .05, something like that, builder came off at .05 and lots of others I know.  Of course, you know my history, so it comes from a place of a rough taper.  Wish you the best no matter what you decide.  Mary 💜💜💜💜

CMZ

Cant quote on going slower

It wasnt realy intensity levels that made me slow right down at the last, though there sure were moments, It was my intent to cushion the point where my body was transitioning onto its own chemistry...."

***************************************I copied this and saved it because it made so much sense to me.....Mary 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

2mg of Valium has very little, if any, therapeutic effect.  But that does not mean it might not be enough to still feed a dependency.

Personally, I would taper down to at least 1mg before jumping.  .5 is probably even safer.

I’m now on 1.25mg V tapered from 7mg, everything was fine until I stuck at 1.25, holding for 5days and seems worse than the day 1 on hold. So it’s better to continue tapering until you reach the 1 or 0.5mg, good luck  :D