Feeling rank with extreme fatigue and depression

[Cr...]

Hi guys,

I managed to wean myself down to 4.5mg of Diazepam a day from an original 7.5mg and then 5mg.

I feel pretty rank. Dead tired. Intrusive thinking and I don't want to lose my friends or family over this mess. Do I just keep pushing through the mental anguish, or has something got to give?

Dave.

I would keep pushing Dave. 

I  am now 5 months off Valium and am still experiencing the fatigue, depression, and intrusive thoughts.  Rank is the word.  As is anguish. 

It is improving Dave, and it will for you too. 

The only thing that is going to 'give' is the day that gives you freedom from this monster of a drug. 

Take it slow as CAgirl suggests, and try take no heed of what others might think.  They do not understand.  This is about you, and it is important.  Very important. 

Keep moving forward Dave. 

"Keep fighting the fight".  :)

Dee

:smitten:

I read that Inositol works like an SSRI and helps depression and sxs of taper too.  It's helping me.

I see that it's a supplement, more specifically Vitamin B8. I'm guessing it's non-addictive and works well on depression and some anxiety? I'm keen to give this a try actually.

Dave.

Dave,

Yes, I noticed it does help.  However, I do not suffer from any kind of Depression.  I don't know why.  I'm tapering down to 8 mg soon and having BP SPIKES into dangerous levels, but no depression.  However, it helps Anxiety too.  It's not like taking Valium though and does not work right away ...as with any vitamin, takes a few days to a week.  I also take it with B Complex Vitamin which helps.  Hope this works for you too!

Crowman,

I just read that NAC which Doctors and Psychiatrists use to treat Depression has been researched for years and it helps relieve Depression.  Maybe you should think about trying it.