Help needed. Stuck on 25mg Diazepam a day

[Da...]

Having tried and failed with the NHS system, on my own with this.

I was taking 35mg a day in 5mg doses.

Have got down to 25 mg a day now, but side effects really giving me hell.

No support from anyone and living a very stressful life.

Feel like just giving up and buying more and more.

Have tried cold turkey and that's horrendous.

Hi Katz

Thanks for the reply. I've been trying the Ashton Manual. Problem is I get 5mg per day from GP, which I can break in half giving 2.5mg. Rest are bought online and are 10mg, which even with a pill cutter are hard to cut in half.

I'm also living a really stressful life at the moment. Mother has dementia and has just returned to her care home having broken her hip. (We were very close) I'm also divorced and lost my house, so am living with my 86 yr old Father, who relies on my support. It's hell, which ever way I turn. GP just not interested and bluntly says we don't do detox. !! As side effects are so bad, just thinking that perhaps, I may as well just go cold turkey .... kill or cure once and for all.

Hi Katz

Thanks for the reply. I've been trying the Ashton Manual. Problem is I get 5mg per day from GP, which I can break in half giving 2.5mg. Rest are bought online and are 10mg, which even with a pill cutter are hard to cut in half.

I'm also living a really stressful life at the moment. Mother has dementia and has just returned to her care home having broken her hip. (We were very close) I'm also divorced and lost my house, so am living with my 86 yr old Father, who relies on my support. It's hell, which ever way I turn. GP just not interested and bluntly says we don't do detox. !! As side effects are so bad, just thinking that perhaps, I may as well just go cold turkey .... kill or cure once and for all.

As long as you take the 2 halves in consecutive doses, the variation between them won't matter.  Your body/CNS will never know the difference.  Your tablets typically vary 10% or more from dose to dose anyway. 

When you have gotten down to a lower dose, you can easily make a dilute liquid valium (.1mg per ml) by dissolving that tablets in vodka or propylene glycol, and diluting with water

I'm not a fan of dry-cut tapers, but at your relatively high dose, it should work just fine.