reduction without alcohol? clonazepam

[sa...]

Hi BB

I currently use 2 ml of alcohol and 8 of water to reduce clonazepam, but now it is hard for me to get alcohol

So I wonder if I can do it without alcohol?

Thank you

Well, I don't know your location for circumstances, but the most commonly used source of alcohol for tapers is ordinary vodka.  And any beverage alcohol, 80 proof or higher, will also work.

Propylene glycol is also just as effective as alcohol; 1mg benzo:2ml PG.  Available at manypharmacies, and Amazon.

And if neither of those are available, milk (including cows milk, soy milk, almonst milk, etc) will also sork.

Well, I don't know your location for circumstances, but the most commonly used source of alcohol for tapers is ordinary vodka.  And any beverage alcohol, 80 proof or higher, will also work.

Propylene glycol is also just as effective as alcohol; 1mg benzo:2ml PG.  Available at manypharmacies, and Amazon.

And if neither of those are available, milk (including cows milk, soy milk, almonst milk, etc) will also sork.

thank you very much!

but also i wonder if i just can use tap water? (ignorant question, i know)

thank you very much!

No, you can not.  K, like most benzos is NOT water-soluble!  (Yeah, I know they do it on youtube, but it really won't work!  ::) )

Hi BB

I currently use 2 ml of alcohol and 8 of water to reduce clonazepam, but now it is hard for me to get alcohol

So I wonder if I can do it without alcohol?

Thank you

Can you get some PG? That is what I use and it works fine. It is true that water does not work. I used it many years ago before we had all of this knowledge and I am sure that it did not help my CNS.

PG is not expensive at all and will last a while.

I chose milk and it's working fine for me.  True, it has to be refrigerated but if one plans well, it's doable.  I sometimes take a little ice chest with me if I'm not going to be home for my dose.  Now if you travel much, it might be more difficult.

Good luck.

thank you very much!

No, you can not.  K, like most benzos is NOT water-soluble!  (Yeah, I know they do it on youtube, but it really won't work!  ::) )

can you explain me why does look water-soluble if isn't?

thank you very much!

Your tablets only contain only a tiny amount ( less than 1%)  of the active ingredient, clonazepam.  The other 99+% is a combination of binders, fillers, stabilizers, colorants, etc.  Some of those ingredients will be water soluble, and when you drop the tablet on water, it may begin  to break down and deconstruct.

But that's all that's happening.  Those water-soluble components are dissolving, letting the tablet deconstructs.  But that is NOT evidence of the tiny amount of clonazepam dissolving.  The clonazepam is still tiny, solid particles that  either will sink to the bottom, or float to the top.  But the clonazepam will NOT dissolve and will NOT become uniformly distributed.

"Clonazepam has a faint odour. Practically insoluble in water; slightly soluble in alcohol..."

http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/pharm/pim326.htm#SectionTitle:3.3%20%20Physical%20properties

"It has a light yellow color, a crystalline structure, and a faint odor. Klonopin is insoluble in water, ..."

https://www.goodtherapy.org/drugs/klonopin-clonazepam.html

thank you very much!

Your tablets only contain only a tiny amount ( less than 1%)  of the active ingredient, clonazepam.  The other 99+% is a combination of binders, fillers, stabilizers, colorants, etc.  Some of those ingredients will be water soluble, and when you drop the tablet on water, it may begin  to break down and deconstruct.

But that's all that's happening.  Those water-soluble components are dissolving, letting the tablet deconstructs.  But that is NOT evidence of the tiny amount of clonazepam dissolving.  The clonazepam is still tiny, solid particles that  either will sink to the bottom, or float to the top.  But the clonazepam will NOT dissolve and will NOT become uniformly distributed.

"Clonazepam has a faint odour. Practically insoluble in water; slightly soluble in alcohol..."

http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/pharm/pim326.htm#SectionTitle:3.3%20%20Physical%20properties

"It has a light yellow color, a crystalline structure, and a faint odor. Klonopin is insoluble in water, ..."

https://www.goodtherapy.org/drugs/klonopin-clonazepam.html

great!

but how many minutes are needed for clonazepam to dissolve?

and why the milk also work?

thanks

1)  Once that tablet breaks down (deconstructs), the K will dissolve almost immediately.  Not more than a minute is really needed.

2)  It works in milk (and other fatty emulsions) because all benzos (except lorazepam) are highly lipid ("fat") soluble.

I’m confused!  According to the source below (as well as several others I’ve seen), clonazepam has low lipid solubility.  So, is it OK to use milk with clonazepam or not?

Psychopharmacopeia: Online Searchable Psychopharmacology Drug Database for Clinicians

http://psychopharmacopeia.com/index.php/?generic=Clonazepam

The "low solubility" rating is with reference to its solubility, compared to other benzo.  Diazepam is the most highly lipid-soluble, but K is still readily lipid soluble, just not as soluble as diazepam.

" All three benzodiazepines are lipid-soluble and enter the brain within seconds to minutes after intravenous administration. Diazepam, however, is very lipid-soluble ..."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2670537/

Thank you, builder!  Are you aware of any published studies that measured the solubility of different benzos in milk (similiar to Jouyban et al’s work on the solubility of different benzos in ethanol and PG)?  I’ve been searching but haven’t found anything.

Thank you, builder!  Are you aware of any published studies that measured the solubility of different benzos in milk (similiar to Jouyban et al’s work on the solubility of different benzos in ethanol and PG)?  I’ve been searching but haven’t found anything.

Nope, never found any formal data.  But almost all reliable sources state that benzos are "lipid-soluble", highly  lipid-soluble" etc.

And the anecdotal experiences shared here on BB seem to unanimously confirm that milk (any kind) works.  Remember, when you're talking about whole ("full-fat") milk, your talking about a whole lot of lipid!  So I have little doubt that even benzos that have "lower lipid solubility" are still effectively dissolve in milk.  10ml of milk will contain 3.5ml of pure fat!

Nope, never found any formal data.  But almost all reliable sources state that benzos are "lipid-soluble", highly  lipid-soluble" etc.

And the anecdotal experiences shared here on BB seem to unanimously confirm that milk (any kind) works.  Remember, when you're talking about whole ("full-fat") milk, your talking about a whole lot of lipid!  So I have little doubt that even benzos that have "lower lipid solubility" are still effectively dissolve in milk.  10ml of milk will contain 3.5ml of pure fat!

Thank you again, builder.  I deeply appreciate how quickly you respond to requests as well as your succinct and easy-to-understand responses.  That’s amazing that so little milk contains so much fat!

1)  Once that tablet breaks down (deconstructs), the K will dissolve almost immediately.  Not more than a minute is really needed.

2)  It works in milk (and other fatty emulsions) because all benzos (except lorazepam) are highly lipid ("fat") soluble.

thanks

completely grateful!

I wish you the best