Needed to Cold turkey 4mg of Ativan, help please

[ad...]

[ad...]
help please!! 😢Hi. Im new here. I‘ve been on different benzos for 1 year, one week ago I had adverse reaction on Lorazepam, so I went to the hospital and they just cold turkey 4mg of my Lorazepam, now I’m in severe withdrawals, I have crazy vertigo like I would have visual hallucinations, like everything is moving around me, colours are so bright, I can’t stand the light, my eyes can’t concentrate on anything, double vision and the sound it feels so distant. Also my body feels paralysed it doesn’t hurt because I can’t feel anything it’s just feeling like it’s made out of jelly. I’m feeling like in a dream half awake state whole day my short and long term memorie are gone. I’m so tired but if I try to take a nap when I open my eyes I feel 10 times worse than before.  Anyone had similar problems with vision and hearing and and body but survived? Help please I’m think I’m going crazy. Thank you.

What type of adverse reaction did you have to decide to get off?  What you’re going through is withdrawal.  You’ll need to reinstate to alleviate the symptoms but you might do it on a longer acting benzo like clonazepam or diazepam and then taper off that, but slowly.  Your symptoms are likely to just get worse at this point.

[ad...]

What type of adverse reaction did you have to decide to get off?  What you’re going through is withdrawal.  You’ll need to reinstate to alleviate the symptoms but you might do it on a longer acting benzo like clonazepam or diazepam and then taper off that, but slowly.  Your symptoms are likely to just get worse at this point.

They tried to reinstate me on Clonazepam and Valium but the adverse reaction was the same (paranoia, panic attacks, hallucinations, anxiety, tremor, muscle spasms, hard to breathe, confusion).

Those are all w/d symptoms.  It seems like you were already in w/d.  What’s the timeline for everything including the reinstatement, how long you tried, how long you were experiencing an “adverse reaction”, how that started, more details?  Seems like you’ll need to up your dose of clonazepam OR diazepam, not both, stabilize and then taper slowly.  You need to provide a lot more details especially about timelines and dosages.

Your previous posts say bromazepam not lorazepam?  Put everything in your signature so people can help you better including timelines.

[ad...]

Your history from your past posts is all over the place.  If you want real help, you have to give straight information.

that’s history, Lorazepam is my problem now. I’m asking for help now about what I wrote in this topic.

I had the similar reaction soon after i started valium but I didn't know. Thought it's WD so tapered 10 months after only 1 month use. The paralyses, confusion, coma like, pins and needles sx got a lot better 2 wks after jumping, but muscle stuff is still on which I believe from wd.

It sound to me you are having both reaction and wd like me.

If you believe you had adverse reaction to lozeramap, you may want to avoid that, also smaller dose to reinstate might be safer after a adverse reaction. These benzo are similar in many ways although not exactly same.

Just my thoughts based on my experience not in any way to advise. Honestly no one really knows, unfortunately. It's a highly trial and error thing for each individual case.

[ad...]

I had the similar reaction soon after i started valium but I didn't know. Thought it's WD so tapered 10 months after only 1 month use. The paralyses, confusion, coma like, pins and needles sx got a lot better 2 wks after jumping, but muscle stuff is still on which I believe from wd.

It sound to me you are having both reaction and wd like me.

If you believe you had adverse reaction to lozeramap, you may want to avoid that, also smaller dose to reinstate might be safer after a adverse reaction. These benzo are similar in many ways although not exactly same.

Just my thoughts based on my experience not in any way to advise. Honestly no one really knows, unfortunately. It's a highly trial and error thing for each individual case.

I don’t want to reinstate I tried but no go, adverse reaction on every benzo. I need to survive this now. My CNS is destroyed. So you jumped off and you stayed off? And you got better?

I'm glad to hear your determination on staying off these poisons!!!!!

I meant to reinstate small dose in case you decide to do so as suggested by others and decided by you. I believe more harm are from drug than wd. We only dont know since wd can be so harsh like nothing is worse.

My situation is very complicated. I developed super sensitivity to many things after lex poison, to msg, artificial sweeteners etc before valium. Withdrawaing Valium made this sensitivity much more extreme. I felt the toxicity lessoned quite a lot after jumping such as pins needles, muscle spasm, confusion, allover paralysed, motor impariment,  weakness etc. Then this highlightened sensitivity hit me just 1 5wk ago, reacting to all those stuff. So I'm experiencing very strong reaction to those now. Reaction to these neurotoxin always cause me severe sx even before valium. So I'm not doing well these days but from different issues.

[ad...]

I'm glad to hear your determination on staying off these poisons!!!!!

I meant to reinstate small dose in case you decide to do so as suggested by others and decided by you. I believe more harm are from drug than wd. We only dont know since wd can be so harsh like nothing is worse.

My situation is very complicated. I developed super sensitivity to many things after lex poison, to msg, artificial sweeteners etc before valium. Withdrawaing Valium made this sensitivity much more extreme. I felt the toxicity lessoned quite a lot after jumping such as pins needles, muscle spasm, confusion, allover paralysed, motor impariment,  weakness etc. Then this highlightened sensitivity hit me just 1 5wk ago, reacting to all those stuff. So I'm experiencing very strong reaction to those now. Reaction to these neurotoxin always cause me severe sx even before valium. So I'm not doing well these days but from different issues.

reinstating in low doses wouldn’t help reinstating to  30 mg of Valium after being off 6mg Lorazepam for two weeks didn’t helped a lot months ago. So I don’t know, it’s better to be in hell then to make hell even worse with reinstating, I’m thankful that I can’t reinstate, because if I could I know myself i I would do it. So all we need to do is survive, we should not give up.

Admire your amazing will power! My only concern about ct  was seizure and other potential permanent physical damage and why I slow tapered

But even in Ashton manual, it says to stop if paradoxical effects.

It's a tough call with all unknown.

I am SO glad I did not reinstate. I wanted to, but my extreme paranoia about doctors back then prevented me from doing so. I am so glad of that. I just had to go through a ct wd off a lot of benzos and SSRIS and survive, and I sure did. It was the worst thing I have ever been through. .But also the BEST thing I ever did. getting off benzos gave me a brand new life, one I honestly did know could exist. My wd was awful, yes. But I dealt with it - somehow - and with a lot of help from my BB friends. Took me just over 3 years to fully heal but omg, what a huge difference! I am now a healthy, happy 69 year old who is once again able to work, love, play and enjoy life.

east (Annie)

You are a true worrior east!

I know no one wants to talk about the hell once healed.  Do you have a blog that I can learn about you jorney?

I think I'm one of the worst, wonder if the case like me will ever heal.

[ad...]

I am SO glad I did not reinstate. I wanted to, but my extreme paranoia about doctors back then prevented me from doing so. I am so glad of that. I just had to go through a ct wd off a lot of benzos and SSRIS and survive, and I sure did. It was the worst thing I have ever been through. .But also the BEST thing I ever did. getting off benzos gave me a brand new life, one I honestly did know could exist. My wd was awful, yes. But I dealt with it - somehow - and with a lot of help from my BB friends. Took me just over 3 years to fully heal but omg, what a huge difference! I am now a healthy, happy 69 year old who is once again able to work, love, play and enjoy life.

east (Annie)

I hope I’ll be glad too in time, it’s crazy how intense this is, so much depression, all I want is to cry, I can’t imagine my life like that for the next 2 years, but what can I do, I knew it will happen once, now I’m at that point so, I have some low doses of meds that are helping, but just a little, I’m so tired of everything, it’s my 4th time, I hope that the worst part will end soon and I’ll be in the normal withdrawal.

akul,

I am a little confused. Just to make sure: you did NOT reinstate, so currently are in benzo wd? 4Mom found my Success Story and found it helpful, so I would suggest you read it as well. I try not to lie about anything now. never did anything good for me except get me into a world of trouble. Using benzos for thirty years is a HUGE ENORMOUS lie. But that is what I did. And nearly died because of benzos.

Benzo wd can be so awful it is hard to describe. How does one describe having perhaps 50 weird and scary symptoms going on all at the same time? I have not yet been able to describe that utter hell I went through.

Not sure why you say you may feel this bad for 2 years. No one can predict how long YOUR wd will last. It took me three years, but my personal benzo history is very extreme (thirty years of nightly benzos in doses that  would kill a horse. NO LIE!) And I went CT off it all. Several people have guesstimated that the average bad wd lasts about 18 months. But not ALL of those months is in utter misery. My first year off WAS awful and is still hard for me to describe. The second year I slowly began to notice certain symptoms had up and left. That is when I began to feel more hopeful. By year 3 I still had a couple weird symptoms but could function "around" them. For me, the last symptom to leave was DP/DR.

Bwd IS intense for some. I am sorry you are one of them, but you always have to remind yourself that this stuff DOES get better. I fully believe that everyone heals, no matter what you read on BB or elsewhere. Always keep in mind that you cannot see the other persons face, and have NO non visual clues to judge their honesty by. And always remember that people took benzos for a reason, and some of them have serious mental health issues NOT caused by benzos.

This stuff is so confusing.

east

[ad...]

akul,

I am a little confused. Just to make sure: you did NOT reinstate, so currently are in benzo wd? 4Mom found my Success Story and found it helpful, so I would suggest you read it as well. I try not to lie about anything now. never did anything good for me except get me into a world of trouble. Using benzos for thirty years is a HUGE ENORMOUS lie. But that is what I did. And nearly died because of benzos.

Benzo wd can be so awful it is hard to describe. How does one describe having perhaps 50 weird and scary symptoms going on all at the same time? I have not yet been able to describe that utter hell I went through.

Not sure why you say you may feel this bad for 2 years. No one can predict how long YOUR wd will last. It took me three years, but my personal benzo history is very extreme (thirty years of nightly benzos in doses that  would kill a horse. NO LIE!) And I went CT off it all. Several people have guesstimated that the average bad wd lasts about 18 months. But not ALL of those months is in utter misery. My first year off WAS awful and is still hard for me to describe. The second year I slowly began to notice certain symptoms had up and left. That is when I began to feel more hopeful. By year 3 I still had a couple weird symptoms but could function "around" them. For me, the last symptom to leave was DP/DR.

Bwd IS intense for some. I am sorry you are one of them, but you always have to remind yourself that this stuff DOES get better. I fully believe that everyone heals, no matter what you read on BB or elsewhere. Always keep in mind that you cannot see the other persons face, and have NO non visual clues to judge their honesty by. And always remember that people took benzos for a reason, and some of them have serious mental health issues NOT caused by benzos.

This stuff is so confusing.

east

I did not reinstate, I’m in a cold turkey from 4mg of Lorazepam, 9th day today. It’s hell, panic attacks, anxiety, and all other 100 symptoms.