Titraton schedule for 1mg of Klonopin 3 times a day

[he...]

Hi,

I would like to begin my titration taper Tuesday 8/13. I have been taking 3mg of Klonopin a day for 3 years. I have tried cold turkey unfortunately and almost lost my mind, after 3 weeks I started right back where I had left off. I have tried to taper off, but have never been successful. I think I was trying to reduce too much at a time. I am desperate to get off Benzo's and would appreciate any help. Especially if there is a titration schedule you think will work.

:-[

Hex,  the desire for a new taper is honorable and I'm sure you understand that starting from 3 mg Clonazepam needs reasonable preplanning. The posting notes the starting taper date as being only 2 days away.

A) A prescribing doc who is on board with the taper ?

B) Which particular method of titration have you chosen ?

C) Have the proper "tapering tools" in place ? 

Just trying to fill in the blanks in order that you get some helpful suggestions.

Hi,

I wasn't going to tell my Dr until after I tried it for a month and was sure I could make it. After that he will be fine with it he has recommended a direct taper when I am ready. I have all the tools and I can start at a later date. What are the ways to look up the different methods of titration?

Thanks

On your introduction, there was a link to The Ashton Manual plus other links.  All that info is very useful.

As far as methods of tapering:

Go to the main BB  page. The second section is labeled "Planning Your Taper", below that heading are "General Taper Plans" and you'll also find "Substitution Taper Plans" and "Titration Taper Plans". 

Hi,

I talked to my Dr and explained that I wanted to do a titration plan with small cuts. He said that I don't have to do small cuts until under 1mg. He said I should be able to taper .5mg a month and then .10mg a month after that, but then he didn't know much about titration tapers. What are the benefits of titration besides being able to do small cuts? :-\