How to prepare a liquid with valium to cut and hold, instead of DLMT

[va...]

I've been cutting pills and doing cut and hold and I hit a very rough patch. I updosed and I'll be holding for a while. Maybe months. After that, when I resume my taper, I'd like to change to a liquid solution instead of dry cutting, which seems difficult with the small doses. However I would prefer to cut let's say 5/10% of the liquid solution and hold for a month or more on the same dose of my liquid preparation. And then make another cut. So it's cut and hold instead of DLMT but with a liquid solution or suspension. I see a lot of information on liquid titration but not on this system I would like to follow. I wonder if I'm not searching correctly or if it's just not available. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I've been cutting pills and doing cut and hold and I hit a very rough patch. I updosed and I'll be holding for a while. Maybe months. After that, when I resume my taper, I'd like to change to a liquid solution instead of dry cutting, which seems difficult with the small doses. However I would prefer to cut let's say 5/10% of the liquid solution and hold for a month or more on the same dose of my liquid preparation. And then make another cut. So it's cut and hold instead of DLMT but with a liquid solution or suspension. I see a lot of information on liquid titration but not on this system I would like to follow. I wonder if I'm not searching correctly or if it's just not available. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Regardless of the taper plan you choose, the liquid preparation will be the same.  You need 2mls of solvent (vodka or PG) for each 1ml of benzo.  And if you add 8ml water, you have a very simple, convenient, ratio of .1mg = 1ml solution.  So the ratio would be 1mg : 2ml :8ml.

If you have a cooperative doc, there is an Rx liquid V, 1mg=1ml.  If you dilute that 9:1, you will also have that very convenient .1mg=1ml concentration.

Thank you. I find it difficult to understand but I'll keep reading posts on it until I get it.

There's really not much to understand.  With tablets:

If you wanted to make 2mgs of liquid V, you would put a 2mg tablet in 4mls of vodka, and add 16mls water.

If you wanted to make 5mgs of liquid V, you would put a 5mg talbet in 10mls vodka and add40mls water.

Etc...  1mg:2mls:8mls

If you had Rx liquid, you would just add 9mls water for each 1ml (1mg) of Rx liquid.

Thank you. I find it difficult to understand but I'll keep reading posts on it until I get it.

If you wanted to make 2mgs of liquid V, you would put a 2mg tablet in 4mls of vodka, and add 16mls water.

Builder I think with this you said I get it. So then, I would have 2 mgs of liquid V in a 20 ml suspension. Then if I wanted to drink let's say 1.8 mgs of valium, I would have to drink 18 mls of the suspension. Is that correct?

Builder I think with this you said I get it. So then, I would have 2 mgs of liquid V in a 20 ml suspension. Then if I wanted to drink let's say 1.8 mgs of valium, I would have to drink 18 mls of the suspension. Is that correct?

1)  It would be a solution, not a suspension.

2)  Your mg to ml conversion is correct.  Just move the decimal one place to the right.  (.1mg=1ml)

OK:

0.1 mg valium = 1 ml solution

1.8 mg valium = 18 ml solution

1.7 = 17 ml

1.6 = 16 ml

Builder, another question in case you would like to answer:

This is the third time coming off valium and previous to that I had bromazepam here and there. I'm kindled from previous tapers as I have experienced a very bad crash into acute wd with what I thought was a not so fast taper. It was slower than Ashton Manual and faster than benzo buddies.

I was non functional and needed to function. I updosed from 1 mg first to 1.40 and then to 2.50. Finally after exactly one month I'm functional again but still with bad waves. Not stable at all and not back to a decent baseline.

My question is: how long would I usually have to wait to start tapering again, and what tapering rate would you recommend after my recent experience?