What does your anxiety feel like?

[st...]

I find it difficult to describe my anxiety other than to say, I feel really bad.  What words do you use to explain the inner stress/anxiety/panic you feel?

My anxiety starts every day from around 4am with sinking dread  whether asleep and it wakes me , or I am awake and I feel it starting,

It grows and grows into fear and terror, like a bubble inside me,  a sense of Oh no, Oh no, panic but not a panic attack, Just that something dreadful has happened, I cannot do anything to control it. It keeps me tied to the bedroom and my bed, cannot do anything to distract, it is so strong, I cannot watch tv , I can read but only later in the day after 8 or 9 pm when things calm down a little,

I have extreme agoraphobia which I never had in my life before, Just frozen in fear that is in my body and in my head, making me feel sick and terrified all day every day.

Determined to remove this drug and mend, somehow, but the fear convinces me it's permanent,  especially as I started with anxiety.

Chinchuck:  Thank you for your response.  You put into words almost everything I am feeling, but just couldn't describe.  My wish is that we both come out of this terrible place soon.  Joe

Totally the same feeling, not likes the panic attack, the heart rate is normal, but feeling that panic attack is coming but it’s not, just stays in the beginning stage of panic attack and grows slowly. Yup feeling like a bubble grows near by my heart.

My anxiety consists of constant sweating, boaty feeling, real dissociation, headaches and sometimes spasms. It always hits when my next dose is due, but even when I taper, my brain wants more. My mind cries out for more Valium. But my subconscious soul just tells my mind to get stuffed and relax naturally. It really is a big mind game.

Dave.

My anxiety starts every morning around 10 AM.  It is that lightheaded, dizzy feeling, sweating, trembling hands that we get before a full blown Panic Attack. If I take at least 5 mg Valium it goes away for about 2.5 hours. Then I need another 5 mg. Valium around noon. Then again at 3:00 pm.

The funny thing is that after the 3 pm dose, I’m usually fine for the rest of that day and night! I’m always very tired tough.

I was on 2 mg Clonazapam for 12 years and while on Clonazapam I felt fine but tired and drugged. Probably because that much Benzo everyday kept my blood so full of benzos.

Triggers I have noticed:

1.) Taking a shower in the morning sets me off spinning. Nighttime, no problem.

2.) Brushing my teeth in the morning with minty toothpaste. Nighttime, no problem.

3.) Eating anything sweet like cereal, cola, etc Nighttime no problem

4.) Eating carbohydrates without lots of protein sets me off. Nighttime no problem

What seems to help:

1.) A protein shake for breakfast helps me. About 30 grams of protein.

2.) Eating several small meals like lunchables every couple of hours during the day.

3.) Staying away from carbs and sugar unti after 3:00 pm

I would be very interested to know if anyone else has found that during the day is dizzy but evenings are fine. My doctors can not even give me a direct answer. Doctors never seem to give me a direct answer though. Please let me know!,

I hope my story helps someone out there,

Mark

I spent my first weeks after withdrawal with huge agoraphobia.

Now it's going better, I can go out in my surroundings with no problem but still having a hard time to go in the city. I'm overwhelmed with people walking there and noise, but I managed to go there 3 times last week with no panic.

My last panic attack was 3 weeks ago. Now I'm overwhelmed with intrusive thoughts nearly each evening but it's becoming easier to manage now.

When I'm really low, I fear a lot a stupid things you all know here. Fear of being depressed, of being stuck in this state forever, of being not able to enjoy life. It's like I'm a prisoner of my own brain and it drives me crazy sometimes. When it strikes, I feel a fog surrounding me and preventing me to think, see and hear clearly.

Luckily most of the day I'm ok, especially when I wake up.

It's exhausting :(

5 weeks out now. Heading to achieve month 2 with hopefully a lot of progress. Anxiety is clearly the worst symtom I have, leading to diziness and headache. Everything else disappeared. For now 😂

My anxiety feels like pain, or pain feels like anxiety. Under my breastbone, a squeezing sensation. Sometimes the pain/anxiety feels unbearable.

I have terrible agoraphobia. I had no idea at 8 months I would feel worse than when I jumped  :'(

Still wondering if I have an underlying health condition or this is just withdrawal/anxiety.

My anxiety feels like pain, or pain feels like anxiety. Under my breastbone, a squeezing sensation. Sometimes the pain/anxiety feels unbearable.

I have terrible agoraphobia. I had no idea at 8 months I would feel worse than when I jumped  :'(

Still wondering if I have an underlying health condition or this is just withdrawal/anxiety.

I'm in the same boat as you are!

I jumped back in December and I am feeling worse than ever since about 6 months out

I also have the physical anxiety that you described. It is like a sort of squeezing weird feeling that's hard to describe. It's not something that I had ever experienced prior to benzo withdrawal.

I'm sending good vibes your way because I know exactly what you're going through and it's hell.

I can 100% guarantee this is benzo withdrawal. This is not anxiety either.

There is no such thing as an underlying condition.

Dave.  8)

I find it difficult to describe my anxiety other than to say, I feel really bad.  What words do you use to explain the inner stress/anxiety/panic you feel?

I have social anxiety. It mainly consists in feeling uncomfortable about going out. But I'm afraid of people in general. I'm even afraid of people on the internet.

When I go out, my social anxiety kind of dissipates.

My greatest fear is that something may happen to my cat. Or that I will have no money and end up living with parents. Or that I will be hospitalized against my will and they put me on appetite stimulants. Technically it's impossible, cause I have no schizophrenia or psychosis.

But I keep imagining things like this. I guess you could call it Generalized Anxiety Disorder. In addition to the social anxiety.

I can 100% guarantee this is benzo withdrawal. This is not anxiety either.

There is no such thing as an underlying condition.

Dave.  8)

I hope so, its just been 10 months now, you'd think I'd be feeling better not worse!

I'm in the same boat as you are!

I jumped back in December and I am feeling worse than ever since about 6 months out

I also have the physical anxiety that you described. It is like a sort of squeezing weird feeling that's hard to describe. It's not something that I had ever experienced prior to benzo withdrawal.

I'm sending good vibes your way because I know exactly what you're going through and it's hell.

Unfortunately I am in constant pain now, under my breastbone and having trouble sleeping bc of the pain. This really sucks.I was going to start facing things, but now I feel so awful, I feel paralyzed. My doctor is no help and is super judgmental. I have some pharmaceutical cbd oil, I am just so nervous to try it.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is feels like thingling pain everywhere in my body, thinking panic attacks coming any time but is not, (well sometimes it’s comes ) feeling lose control, pain in my head scalp and all over body, chest become very tight...hard to breathe, want to cry

Usually gets bad around 10 am and last all day until 9 pm. Worst between 4-8 pm.

41 months out and still struggling badly

I feel like I can't swallow.

Then everything in my body starts to feel "wrong".

I just spiral out in to feeling progressively uncomfortable until I either stop it or fall prey to a full panic attack.

Severe Anxiety disorders are real and can destroy your QOL, no question about it. That is why the majority of us got on benzos. Long-term benzos just makes the condition much, much worse in the end. Even prior to benzos, my life had become a living hell with non stop panic and unrelenting anxiety!