Tried Trazadone, got hyper. Happen to anyone else?

[Ho...]

I tried 1/4th of a 50 mg tablet of Traz, could not sleep, trouble breathing and it made me jittery, dizzy and nervous for two days.  Still dizzy now.  I'm running out of options to get sleep.

Anyone else have these symptoms? 

I took Trazodone for awhile, and although it never really made me feel sleepy, it did consistently help me sleep. Everyone is different, though. I’ve read the posts of a few people on this site that have reacted badly to it. Sorry you aren’t feeling well.

Thanks jrm 97.  My daughter had breast cancer.  She is 44.  They got it all but the cancer meds they give her causes her pain and sleeplessness.  She takes the 50mg and says it really works for her.  But, seems I had a bad reaction to it.  Now what can i Do?  :-\

no problems with Traz. It was helping me sleep but it seems in the last few days not so much. Only thing I have remotely noticed is my a decline is libido...all thinks considered no issue..

I also noticed a decline in my libido while I was taking Trazodone. I just couldn’t get aroused at all. Totally forgot about that until I read your post.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  I appreciate your input on this issue.  You mentioned LIBIDO?  ROFLOL.  I'm 70!  WHAT LIBIDO? 

I have read that it can harm kidneys and change the heart rhythum in people over 60.  AND more sxs like dizziness, which is exactly what it did.  What surprises me is I only took 1/4th of a 50mg tablet ONE TIME.  Took days for me to feel better and I'm still dizzy which is rare for me.

Anyway, got a good laugh when you mentioned Libido.  If that's was the only side effect, that would be a real BLESSING  ROLFOLOL.

It helped me for a long time but my libido too was non existent. I could have cared less then. Once I jumped I realized it turned on me and was keeping me awake. I did a recent rapid withdrawal off it and my sleep is much better. I originally took remeron but gained so much weight I could have been the fat lady at the circus.

Yea, that's the problem with Remeron.  I'm very petite,, 5'1" and thin.  It would be dangerous for someone my size to gain that much weight. It would damage my joints.  I could not hold up that kind of weight.  So I'll just have to go slow and white knuckle it.

I know this is a week old, but not everyone gains weight on Remeron.  I didn't (and I am vain beyond my years!).

Sleep is more important anyway.

Trazodone has two phases in the body. The first phase is trazodone activity. The second phase many hours after taking it is from one of the metabolites, mCPP, which is a serotonergic drug that is a stimulant that helps normal people not be so groggy in the morning, and it makes me feel worse.

That would be me too. I can’t tolerate serotonin drugs. They keep me awake which is why trazodone woke me up very early. Thanks!