Dry cut and weigh

[Li...]

Hi

I’ve been doing an almost daily LMT  with vodka solution. Not sure if this method is causing added symptoms, but am thinking about going back to dry

cut and weigh to see if there is much of a difference in sx’s.

When dry cutting in the past, I took the average weight of 5 or 10 pills and cut from that weight.

Do others using this method use an average weight, or weigh each pill individually and cut accordingly?

Am I making sense?

TY , Lil

Hi

I’ve been doing an almost daily LMT  with vodka solution. Not sure if this method is causing added symptoms, but am thinking about going back to dry

When dry cutting in the past, I took the average weight of 5 or 10 pills and cut from that weight.

Do others using this method use an average weight, or weigh each pill individually and cut accordingly?

Am I making sense?

TY , Lil

Here's the dry taper/scale method that is easiest and will give you the most reliable, consistent doses:

1)  Weigh 10 tablets and calculate an average weight

2)  Crush the 10 tablets, and measure up your doses by weighing the appropriate amount of powder back onto the scale.

This compensates for both the tablet-to-tablet weight and dose variation, and for the non-uniform distribution of the active ingredient in the tablet.

Thanks Builder

I really like using the vodka solution formula you gave me. So easy! It may or may not be an issue with my symptoms. But it’s worth a try going back to the dry cut to see if that makes a difference.

As always, I appreciate your time. Thank you!! Lil

Thanks Builder

I really like using the vodka solution formula you gave me. So easy! It may or may not be an issue with my symptoms. But it’s worth a try going back to the dry cut to see if that makes a difference.

As always, I appreciate your time. Thank you!! Lil

It's extremely unlikely that liquid has anything to do with your issues, but what ever works for you is what works. :thumbsup:

I think you’re probably right Builder. I think it’s just wd. Period. Waves.

The liquid is too easy. I don’t think I’m going to abort it yet. Thanks

I think you’re probably right Builder. I think it’s just wd. Period. Waves.

The liquid is too easy. I don’t think I’m going to abort it yet. Thanks

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And then when we crush the ten pills, what do we do with all this powder? Because I read that it spoils once we cut the pills and we should use "fresh" pills. Do we put this powder in some kind of hermetic recipient? Lilgma I hope you find what works best for you. I'd stay with the liquid. I wish I knew how to do it. At least you drink a little vodka every day  ;):laugh:

And then when we crush the ten pills, what do we do with all this powder? 1)  Because I read that it spoils once we cut the pills and we should use "fresh" pills. Do we put this powder in some kind of hermetic recipient? Lilgma I hope you find what works best for you. I'd stay with the liquid. 2) I wish I knew how to do it. At least you drink a little vodka every day  ;):laugh:

1)  Absolutely, totally false!  Benzos are among the most stable pharma compounds.  They will remain fully stable and potent for many years, no matter what form or conditions  they are stored in.  (But liquid is definitely easier!)

2)  What do you need to know?  Its no different than taking any other liquid med.

And then when we crush the ten pills, what do we do with all this powder? 1)  Because I read that it spoils once we cut the pills and we should use "fresh" pills. Do we put this powder in some kind of hermetic recipient? Lilgma I hope you find what works best for you. I'd stay with the liquid. 2) I wish I knew how to do it. At least you drink a little vodka every day  ;):laugh:

1)  Absolutely, totally false!  Benzos are among the most stable pharma compounds.  They will remain fully stable and potent for many years, no matter what form or conditions  they are stored in.  (But liquid is definitely easier!)

2)  What do you need to know?  Its no different than taking any other liquid med.

Buider:

1) Oh this is great to know. I was worrying that my taper went wrong maybe because I was using bits and pieces from previous days in my dry cuts, but then with this input I realise I just went too fast considering I'm already kindled.

2) I think I already understand with the answer you've just posted in the thread I opened for this matter. I'll post another question in that thread so as not to hijack Lilgma's thread.

Lilgma I hope you find some stability soon that allows you to resume your taper. I know one day we'll be free of this.

Thank you V. We can do this!!!

I’m going to stick with the liquid. It’s just too easy. Builder made it uncomplicated, even for me.

I thought it may be causing problems for me, but it’s just wd. I had 1 1/2 fairly good days using the liquid, so it’s definitely not the issue. I’m grateful for that cuz I know some people cannot tolerate it.

And I do like that teeny vodka burn going down. 🤣🤣

Because I have a sensitive stomach, would you advice me  to eat a little something right before taking the liquid before going to bed?  ( because of the alcohol).

Troch-

???? I hope somebody else comes along to answer this question.

I usually don’t eat for an hour before or after my dose so the benzo doesn’t somehow get diluted in my system, but this may not be necessary. I have no evidence that it would make a difference either way.

Lil

Because I have a sensitive stomach, would you advice me  to eat a little something right before taking the liquid before going to bed?  ( because of the alcohol).

Do whatever you feel comfortable with , but...

Based on the dose in your siggy (3.6mg), the entire's daily dose would be less than 3mls of alcohol. that's about .1 (one/tenth) oz of alcohol.  You probably get more alcohol than that if you use a mouthwash before bedttime.

Builder,  I don't in fact, but thanks for the comparison. I am going to do a combination of pills and titration,  after I finished holding for a month. I see, you did as well. Or am I mistaken?  Did you do all tablets in Vodka/water titration? 

Yes, I did a combo of tablets + liquid.  And when I got down to 3mg, I did all liquid.

And I used the Rx liquid V.  But if that had not been available to me, I would have done vodka.

Builder, a couple of questions about your taper. I see in your sig, from 4.0 mg to 1,5 mg you did a 0,5 mg drop every two months. Any particular reason for that? Would you advise that to others? Then from 1,5 to 1,0 you took a month and a half. And from 1 to 0,5 again a smaller, but faster step. Could you comment on that a little? Did you recover in a "gentle"  way after jumping? In the short time I've been on BB, I discovered you're a scource of wisdom for many others. Great how you're still helping people, even though your jump was quite a while ago.

Builder, a couple of questions about your taper. I see in your sig, from 4.0 mg to 1,5 mg you did a 0,5 mg drop every two months. Any particular reason for that? Would you advise that to others? Then from 1,5 to 1,0 you took a month. And from 1 to 0,5 again smaller steps. Did you recover in a gentle way after jumping? In the short time I've been on BB, I discovered you're a scource of wisdom for many others. Great how you're still helping people, even though your jump was quite a while ago.

I learned that I needed to keep my taper rate under about 6%/14 days.

As long as I did that, I had only minimal, occasional sxs.

Almost everyone has a percantage taper rate that work for them.  Mine (5%/14 days) was really pretty slow, but you will learn what works for you.

Builder, at 6%/14 days, did you then hold for a specific period of time?

As long as I stayed under that 6%/14 day rate, I didn't need to hold.

The whole concept of a microtaper is to more closely match you taper rate to your body's natural recovery rate.  The only time you would need to hold with a microtaper is if you are tapering too fast.

Hi, Builder. You’ve already replied to a couple of my posts for which I thank you. Have you posted your taper schedule somewhere that I could find so that I could, say, print it out? I see my pdoc next week and will ask for liquid Valium rx. The way I ask about taper cut %s and mg vs ml stems from a total lack of confidence in my ability to put the “big picture” together. I get the separate components but get lost getting from there to a schedule for myself. I’m at 2 mg Valium daily ready to make the next taper. Currently taking 1 mg x daily.

I guess I’m a visual learner and if I could, I would just ask you to come to my house and make up my schedule and doses for me  :laugh:

Thanks for taking the time to read this, Builder.

Hi, Builder. You’ve already replied to a couple of my posts for which I thank you. Have you posted your taper schedule somewhere that I could find so that I could, say, print it out? I see my pdoc next week and will ask for liquid Valium rx. The way I ask about taper cut %s and mg vs ml stems from a total lack of confidence in my ability to put the “big picture” together. I get the separate components but get lost getting from there to a schedule for myself. I’m at 2 mg Valium daily ready to make the next taper. Currently taking 1 mg x daily.

I guess I’m a visual learner and if I could, I would just ask you to come to my house and make up my schedule and doses for me  :laugh:

Thanks for taking the time to read this, Builder.

1)  Don't try to use someone else's taper schedule for yourself.  You need to do what works for YOU.

2)  For most folks, 5%/14 days is a pretty conservative way to start.

3)  If you make a solution for .1mg=1ml,  then "mgs vs mls" if pretty obvious.  You just move the decimal.

Hi

Am I making sense?

TY , Lil

Here's the dry taper/scale method that is easiest and will give you the most reliable, consistent doses:

2)  Crush the 10 tablets, and measure up your doses by weighing the appropriate amount of powder back onto the scale.

This compensates for both the tablet-to-tablet weight and dose variation, and for the non-uniform distribution of the active ingredient in the tablet.

For Builder or other member who dry cut by smashing ten pills and then taking the dose from the powder. Where do you keep this powder?

Hi

Am I making sense?

TY , Lil

For Builder or other member who dry cut by smashing ten pills and then taking the dose from the powder. Where do you keep this powder?

Any closeable, secure container, probably like the one the tablets come in.

Hi

Am I making sense?

TY , Lil

Any closeable, secure container, probably like the one the tablets come in.

Thank you Builder.