is it possible to have ongoing withdrawal while still on a small amount of xanax

[La...]

Seems like I read something along those lines someplace.  I am beginning to wonder what's going on.  I am on a low dose of Xanax, the rx is for .25 mg two pills daily.  I have cut back to 1 1/2 pills taken with first meal of the day.  I have been experiencing a very uncomfortable feelings for a long period of time.  Am wondering if I could in fact be experiencing daily withdrawal.  Or if I am not taking enough to block the feelings it's supposed to be blocking.

Seems like I read something along those lines someplace.  I am beginning to wonder what's going on.  I am on a low dose of Xanax, the rx is for .25 mg two pills daily.  I have cut back to 1 1/2 pills taken with first meal of the day.  I have been experiencing a very uncomfortable feelings for a long period of time.  Am wondering if I could in fact be experiencing daily withdrawal.  Or if I am not taking enough to block the feelings it's supposed to be blocking.

Yes is the simple answer to your question, "is it possible to have ongoing withdrawal while still on small amount of xanax".

I've found xanax to be effective for about 6 hours and then symptoms reappear.

Have you tried splitting your current or .5mg/day dose into 4 doses per day?

Just my horseback opinion, but the small amount of xanax is not all that small in comparison to other benzos. Your .375 is equivalent to 11 mg of mine and that's about where I am today at 11.5714 mg.  I get symptoms, too.

I agree that taking more doses a day would be helpful since xanax is so short acting.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I am in tolerance and having interdose w/d as well. I have been sick for almost 5 yrs and on xanax for 7yrs.

:o All tests normal. Finally, after my own research, I realized it was the Xanax as well as my Gabapentin that were making me so sick. I started with a Gabapentin taper. But decided to hold and work on Xanax first. I have not started my Xanax taper. Will be starting soon. Hugs to you. I know it's real

The interdose w/d is what made me realize that Xanax was my problem all along. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I had become tolerant to the drug many years prior. I simply thought that all those years of feeling so bad every 4-6 hours was because I was becoming more anxious... I truly believed this.

Low and behold, I'm feeling far LESS anxious the lower my dose. Granted, it took a long time to get here but I've also been on Xanax (as prescribed by my primary doctor) for 21 years (counting the past two years of tapering). 

Hence, the interdose problems, reduction in any amount, as well as tolerance to the drug can produce side effects.

Best to you,

Lori