is 3% reduction every 14 days too slow?

[no...]

so i take a total of 1mg clonazepam daily.

i'm in the crossover phase of adjusting to all liquid and i'll be ready to start the reductions a nother week or so  if all goes well.  :)

i had asked for a taper schedule before but builder said he thought my rate was too slow. i wanted to go real slow at first because i'm doing more than one taper and been polydrugged for over 21 years. also because i'm going very slow on my antipsychotic taper and still have sxs so wanted to add the clonazepam taper in at a slower rate...thinking that i can always increase the rate if/as my body acclimates to the new taper being added in.

so i used Jim Hawk's calculator here: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/ 

and typed in my daily doses of .25 @ 8am, .25 @ 2pm and .5 @ 8pm and with a reduction of 3% every 14 days using 100ml liquid and 10mg/20 pills to make my 10 day supply.... with an attenuated ending :

it says it will take me 2 years and 11 days to finish the taper

(assuming no holds, which of course there will be lol)

i like the time frame, definitely doable,  :thumbsup: and it is about a .25mg reduction every 4months.

is 4 months to reduce a .25mg too slow? (i realize this is subjective but i'm curious to anyone who has tapered off of clonazepam while tapering from an antipsychotic at the same time, do you think this would be pushing too hard at first? or just right? or???

however i'm not in a hurry to get this taper done,

so i typed in 2% every 14 days into the same calculator and it said 7 years to finish the taper (attenuated ending)!!!

but how can 1% make that much difference between 3%=2 years taper and 2%=7 years taper??

it seems like the results are not proportionate.

can someone explain this to me?

i don't mind taking a few years if neccessary to taper the benzo, but not SEVEN YEARS! of course it will all depend on my sxs. i'm letting my body guide me to the sweet spot for each drug's taper rate that works for me.

but seriously...7 years for 1mg seems a bit extreme, maybe my math is wrong or the calculator is wrong? or i just don't grasp this concept lol all of the above?  :idiot:

I got 3 years and 18 days on the 2%.  When I clicked on it, I did come up with the 7 years but I went back and did it again, it showed the 3 years.

When I did my plan, I had the same issue with two different amounts of time.  I think there's a glitch of some sort in the program.  Yes, 7 years would be way too much.

Good luck!

I got 3 years and 18 days on the 2%.  When I clicked on it, I did come up with the 7 years but I went back and did it again, it showed the 3 years.

When I did my plan, I had the same issue with two different amounts of time.  I think there's a glitch of some sort in the program.  Yes, 7 years would be way too much.

Good luck!

thx so much...i'd be more comfortable at 2% and the 3 years 18n days if i could just get the page with the schedule to come up right so i could save it as a pdf file...

i guess i'll try it again tomorrow.  :idiot: lol

i'm in the crossover phase of adjusting to all liquid and i'll be ready to start the reductions a nother week or so  if all goes well.  :)

i had asked for a taper schedule before but builder said he thought my rate was too slow.

1)  I said your proposed schedule was very slow.  I did NOT say it was "too slow"!  I make suggestions about taper plans, but I never make judgements.  The plan that works is the right plan.

2) you didn't ask me for a schedule for "3% reduction every 14 days...", you  asked me for a plan for a plan for "1% every 6 weeks"

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=226843.msg2915905#msg2915905

i had asked for a taper schedule before but builder said he thought my rate was too slow.

1)  I said your proposed schedule was very slow.  I did NOT say it was "too slow"!  I make suggestions about taper plans, but I never make judgements.  The plan that works is the right plan.

2) you didn't ask me for a schedule for "3% reduction every 14 days...", you  asked me for a plan for a plan for "1% every 6 weeks"

calm down builder. nobody here accused you of making judgements. and you DID suggest that my original desired taper rate was too slow.

nomore,

It is very important to get your facts completely straight, ESPECIALLY when it comes to a taper rate.  Misleading twisted "facts" do nothing but spread disinformation and can confuse anyone, especially new buddies, taking them for actual facts.

First of all, builder has been nothing BUT calm in all of his replies to you.  It is you who have gotten melodramatic with him in some of your answers to him, my friend.

Then you said:

i had asked for a taper schedule before but builder said he thought my rate was too slow. i wanted to go real slow at first

so i used Jim Hawk's calculator:   

and typed in my daily doses with a reduction of 3% every 14 days

You most definitely just insinuated that the taper rate that you asked builder for was 3% every 14 days.

That is a LOT different than the 1% every 6 weeks that you truthfully originally asked him for.  You never mentioned 3% once in your original post.

And your ORIGINAL desired 1% taper rate every 6 weeks WAS seemingly VERY slow, nomoredrugs.  He never said "too slow".  Again, that is very different than "too slow".

It is also interesting, if not telling, that you completely eliminated your entire post, except for a period, that builder originally answered.  See below for your entire post, edited by you, in bold.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 03:10:00 am by nomoredrugsforme »

Kinda strange.

Just sayin'.

I am just looking for a proper taper rate and get confused by some of your topics and replys.  No harm.  No foul.

I hope your revised taper plan works out well for you.  Keep us posted. :)

Peace

Al

calm down builder. nobody here accused you of making judgements. and you DID suggest that my original desired taper rate was too slow.

I was looking at that post as well. He said it was a "extraordinarily slow taper". Which I feel most people would agree 1% over 6 weeks would be darn slow. Many people do 5% over 14 days.. even a month if they cant tolerate the 10%.. Have you dabbled with any percentage cuts yet? I think 3% over 14 days would be a good place to start if you're concerned. You have to see how your body feels. If you do okay with 3% you can try increasing the percentage if you like. Many people start at a higher cut percentage and then realize its to much and have to reduce. If you want to begin at 3% you can easily go up if you feel comfortable with it. Everyone is different, I have done 15% drops over 10days the last week or two and have been able to hang in there. But my history is different and may very well need to adjust as I get lower. Like Builder said, the best plan is the one that works for you.

Plus you are doing liquid and you can change your doses as you go if things get a little rough as well. I wouldn't worry about "to slow" to be honest.. to fast can bite ya in the rear (crossing my fingers for my own sake)

I was looking at that post as well. He said it was a "extraordinarily slow taper". Which I feel most people would agree 1% over 6 weeks would be darn slow. Many people do 5% over 14 days.. even a month if they cant tolerate the 10%.. Have you dabbled with any percentage cuts yet? I think 3% over 14 days would be a good place to start if you're concerned. You have to see how your body feels. If you do okay with 3% you can try increasing the percentage if you like. Many people start at a higher cut percentage and then realize its to much and have to reduce. If you want to begin at 3% you can easily go up if you feel comfortable with it. Everyone is different, I have done 15% drops over 10days the last week or two and have been able to hang in there. But my history is different and may very well need to adjust as I get lower. Like Builder said, the best plan is the one that works for you.

Plus you are doing liquid and you can change your doses as you go if things get a little rough as well. I wouldn't worry about "to slow" to be honest.. to fast can bite ya in the rear (crossing my fingers for my own sake)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nomore,

It is very important to get your facts completely straight, ESPECIALLY when it comes to a taper rate.  Misleading twisted "facts" do nothing but spread disinformation and can confuse anyone, especially new buddies, taking them for actual facts.

First of all, builder has been nothing BUT calm in all of his replies to you.  It is you who have gotten melodramatic with him in some of your answers to him, my friend.

Then you said:

i had asked for a taper schedule before but builder said he thought my rate was too slow. i wanted to go real slow at first

so i used Jim Hawk's calculator:   

and typed in my daily doses with a reduction of 3% every 14 days

You most definitely just insinuated that the taper rate that you asked builder for was 3% every 14 days.

That is a LOT different than the 1% every 6 weeks that you truthfully originally asked him for.  You never mentioned 3% once in your original post.

And your ORIGINAL desired 1% taper rate every 6 weeks WAS seemingly VERY slow, nomoredrugs.  He never said "too slow".  Again, that is very different than "too slow".

It is also interesting, if not telling, that you completely eliminated your entire post, except for a period, that builder originally answered.  See below for your entire post, edited by you, in bold.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 03:10:00 am by nomoredrugsforme »

Kinda strange.

Just sayin'.

I am just looking for a proper taper rate and get confused by some of your topics and replys.  No harm.  No foul.

I hope your revised taper plan works out well for you.  Keep us posted. :)

Peace

Al

calm down Al Sharp. and you don't need to come to builder's rescue everytime someone mentions him in a post. he's a grown man, older than you i believe, and has no problems speaking for himself.  maybe you feel the need to try to defend him everytime because you yourself caught his math errors in 2 separate posts in the past. whatever, i don't actually care why you feel the need, and i don't want to keep butting heads with you in my thread. you're not my friend and i can read the sarcasm in your posts to me in the past week or so. just because you finish up your posts to me with a "positive fake-friendly message of peace and hope" does not mean your tone and intention doesn't get through. i read you loud and clear. after i post this i will put you on mute so i don't have to bother seeing your messages again.

as for the misquoted and out of context parts above, anyone can read the original post  on this thread and see that i asked if 3% reduction every 14 days is too slow...hence the title.  the post you that  mentioned as:

Kinda strange.

Just sayin'.

...(that i removed from a different thread that i posted) was a different rate and timeframe and i had posted it as a separate thread (before this one) because i did not want the drama from builder's conversation that i left behind in a different thread to follow into the future and current one. of course builder chose to answer it anyways, and i chose to delete my post from that thread rather than have him give me more feedback that i was instead looking for from other BB members. i tried to delete the thread entirely and start over but it won't allow the OP (me) of a thread to remove their own thread.  i didn't want to beat a dead horse, so i chose to move on and let the old drama fizzle out. i started this thread to ask a different question about an entirely different taper rate % and timeframe. then you jumped in and said :

Posted by: Al Sharp

« on: 08 August 2019, 20:41:31 » Insert Quote

nomore,

...but you are the one coming in here with quotes taken out of context from other threads and misconstruing them, "twisting the facts", trying to make me appear to be "misleading" newbies on BB.

i don't appreciate the thread getting hijacked to stir up old drama that has been left behind.  i'm just ever so glad that we've got that all cleared up.

I wouldn't worry about "to slow" to be honest.. to fast can bite ya in the rear (crossing my fingers for my own sake)

agreed

i'd rather start slow and then go faster, than start too fast and try to slow down with potential problems from that.

...(that i removed from a different thread that i posted) was a different rate and timeframe and i had posted it as a separate thread (before this one) because i did not want the drama from builder's conversation that i left behind in a different thread to follow into the future and current one. of course builder chose to answer it anyways, and i chose to delete my post from that thread rather than have him give me more feedback that i was instead looking for from other BB members. i tried to delete the thread entirely and start over but it won't allow the OP (me) of a thread to remove their own thread.  i didn't want to beat a dead horse, so i chose to move on and let the old drama fizzle out. i started this thread to ask a different question about an entirely different taper rate % and timeframe.

HUH???!!!

:laugh:

OK, yeah I am a grown man, so let's set the record straight

1)  You asked for a plan/schedule for a "1% per 6 weeks" taper.

2)  I replied that that was an "extraordinarily slow taper"  (and it is!)  I did NOT say it was "too slow", and I told you I would give that plan, if that's what you wanted.  (You then deleted your post referencing a 1%/6 week plan)

3) I did NOT give you any advice, or make any comments to you about a 3%/14 day taper.  And one more time, I will never tell you, or anyone else that a plan is "too slow" or "too fast".

Not everyone here on BB always agrees with me, but it's pretty generally accepted, that I am pretty generous with advice, and help a lot of folks.  But if your going to "quote" me ("...builder said...") get it right.

You seem to play pretty fast and loose with a lot of details.

OK, yeah I am a grown man, so let's set the record straight

2)  I replied that that was an "extraordinarily slow taper"  (and it is!)  I did NOT say it was "too slow", and I told you I would give that plan, if that's what you wanted.  (You then deleted your post referencing a 1%/6 week plan)

3) I did NOT give you any advice, or make any comments to you about a 3%/14 day taper.  And one more time, I will never tell you, or anyone else that a plan is "too slow" or "too fast".

Not everyone here on BB always agrees with me, but it's pretty generally accepted, that I am pretty generous with advice, and help a lot of folks.  But if your going to "quote" me ("...builder said...") get it right.

okay builder let's do set the record straight. first of all:

no, what  i asked in this thread was if 3% reduction every 14 days was too slow. who gives a damn?

the quote above (from you) is referring to another thread in the past which was about a totally different taper rate and timeframe...and i had  asked that question on that thread about 1% every 6 weeks schedule hoping someone other than you would answer, because i was tired of the drama that had occured in the previous thread where everybody got their knickers twisted.

but you answered anyways, (which i was hoping you wouldn't, but you did, so i tried to delete the thread but it wouldn't allow me to delete the thread  so i just deleted my question from it. i thought you might catch my drift...that i am NOT INTERESTED in what you have to say about my tapering, as i made pretty clear in the big fustercluck thread where your fanboy Al Sharp kept jumping in with his defenses of you...which i find quite hilarious since he had caught your errors before as per his posting history.

apples to oranges, builder. "extraordinarily slow taper" vs "too slow".

whether or not you think/thought that my previous taper rate was slow or not was not anything that i wanted to hear about. i deleted the post when you offered to give me more advice. i was hoping you'd take the hint and move on. you seem to feel it is your duty to comment and give advice on tapering to every individual who asks a question regarding their schedule.  in the thread where i spoke about a 1% taper every 6 weeks, i was trying to get away from your advice about tapering and schedules and errors because you'd already proven to have no remorse for almost leading me to take 1/10th of my daily doses in the original fustercluck thread which was the start of all this mess.

there have been 3 threads regarding my taper that are referred to in this one.

the original "fustercluck" one, where i asked 3 times if my math (which was indeed incorrect) was correct and you said yes it is: i expressed my dismay that you wouldn't offer a simple apology and it turned into a freeforall where people were jumping on MY case instead of yours. fine.

i said my piece and moved on. i started the 2nd thread, in which i asked BB members for help with a 1% reduction every 6 weeks. you immediately answered before anyone else had a chance and offered your advice, which i didn't want any more of. so i deleted the post, but was uinable to delete the thread.

so i moved on. i started a new thread, here, asking a different question about a totally different rate of reduction and timeframe, and problems i was having with the Jim Hawk calculator.. i started getting helpful advice from other BB members but you couldn't help yourself and had to butt in.

and i never said you did "give you any advice, or make any comments to you about a 3%/14 day taper." wth? and one more time, you can argue it as long as you want but apples to oranges. sematics here. saying one thing that means the same thing just using different words.  this argument is quite boring and tedious. 

But if your going to "quote" me ("...builder said...") get it right.

DITTO that. so please do not offer me any more of your advice.  i am here looking for support and when i'm able to offer support to others suffering or celebrating their freedom from the drugs i currently fight to be free of.

I wouldn't worry about "to slow" to be honest.. to fast can bite ya in the rear (crossing my fingers for my own sake)

agreed

i'd rather start slow and then go faster, than start too fast and try to slow down with potential problems from that.

I agree wholeheartedly. You cannot be too careful about Klonopin. It can be a hell of a rough drug and is not like Valium. GOOD IDEA!!!

Well, I am just going to answer from my perspective.  I have had a pretty rough taper until the last 6 months or so , my answer will be influenced by that, I would give anything to have started at 6% a month, the Valium I crossed over to made me sick and when I did taper, had done my numbers wrong and went too fast.  I would have done so much better if I had done 6%.  A lot of people can go faster, but you are right, if you start slow and do well, you can always speed up.  Just mo.  Good luck, Mary 💜

Well, I am just going to answer from my perspective.  I have had a pretty rough taper until the last 6 months or so , my answer will be influenced by that, I would give anything to have started at 6% a month, the Valium I crossed over to made me sick and when I did taper, had done my numbers wrong and went too fast.  I would have done so much better if I had done 6%.  A lot of people can go faster, but you are right, if you start slow and do well, you can always speed up.  Just mo.  Good luck, Mary 💜

thank you Mary.  :thumbsup:

it's good to hear from someone who's recently been in the trenches and hasn't forgotten just how nightmarish the experience is...hearing that coming from you, telling me i can start slow and maybe speed up later if everything goes right, gives me much needed encouragement. i do feel safer starting slow. i been in the trenches lately too...SI and 2 SA's so not in any hurry to go there again anytime soon! 

thx for your comments.

it's good to hear from someone who's recently been in the trenches and hasn't forgotten just how nightmarish the experience is...hearing that coming from you, telling me i can start slow and maybe speed up later if everything goes right, gives me much needed encouragement. i do feel safer starting slow. i been in the trenches lately too...SI and 2 SA's so not in any hurry to go there again anytime soon! 

thx for your comments.

You are welcome, you have been in the trenches, good job getting off all those drugs.  There are many of us out here that wish we had understood slow really was the way for us, we'd probably be a lot farther along than now .  I really envy the people that can go faster, but for whatever reason, some of us just can't.  Wish you lots of luck !! 💜

Hey nomore,

Did the plan show 3 years after you submitted it again?

Cheers!

hey CAgirl!

yes, it worked this time!

i put in my daily doses the same and same 100ml /20 of the 0.5mg pills and 3% every 14 days,(attenuated ending) ....and it says:

(total 742 days or 2 years 0 months 11 days).

there's definitely a glitch in his online calculator. i wish someone would fix that. but anyways, i may start out at 2% and after awhile stable on that rate, see if i can go to 3%.

cheers to you as well!  :happybday: (i just wanted an emoticon wearing a party hat)

thx for your comments.

You are welcome, you have been in the trenches, good job getting off all those drugs.  There are many of us out here that wish we had understood slow really was the way for us, we'd probably be a lot farther along than now .  I really envy the people that can go faster, but for whatever reason, some of us just can't.  Wish you lots of luck !! 💜

this made me think of you: https://imgur.com/H8UUGe4

lol

(i'm not allowed to post actual memes but i think they still allow links to them)

thx for your comments.

lol

(i'm not allowed to post actual memes but i think they still allow links to them)

That was one big spoiled raccoon, I leave a big bowl of water on my back porch for all the animals around.  Had several raccoons but never scratched one under the arms  :). My husband and I thought about putting up a camera back there to see what came up to drink, then we decided we might not want to know  :laugh:

thx for your comments.

lol

That was one big spoiled raccoon, I leave a big bowl of water on my back porch for all the animals around.  Had several raccoons but never scratched one under the arms  :). My husband and I thought about putting up a camera back there to see what came up to drink, then we decided we might not want to know  :laugh:

gurl... i am so confused! what on earth you talking about? ??? you got some varmints in your back porch? and they are tame? you are like lil Cinderella with her birds or Snow White with her deer n rabbits n stuff... but aintcha scared of getting rabies from petting your critters? you are so crazy!

thx for your comments.

lol

gurl... i am so confused! what on earth you talking about? ??? you got some varmints in your back porch? and they are tame? you are like lil Cinderella with her birds or Snow White with her deer n rabbits n stuff... but aintcha scared of getting rabies from petting your critters? you are so crazy!

:D. No, I don't get near them, I look at them from my kitchen window, then we beat on the door and they go away.  I do like knowing they have water though , it hasn't rained here in weeks now.  I'm an animal lover, what can I say :laugh:

thx for your comments.

lol

:D. No, I don't get near them, I look at them from my kitchen window, then we beat on the door and they go away.  I do like knowing they have water though , it hasn't rained here in weeks now.  I'm an animal lover, what can I say :laugh:

me too! we have 3 spoiled dogs and a spoiled cat...and birdfeeders but...

your post was just so random lol!! i was like...what the hell is Mary on about these raccoons on her porch? it's all good, i just thhought maybe you accidentally posted that on this thread instead of another and wondered where you got to talking about rubbing under a raccooon's arm from. made for a good laugh tho! ;D

Hey nomore,

Did the plan show 3 years after you submitted it again?

Cheers!

hey CAgirl!

yes, it worked this time!

i put in my daily doses the same and same 100ml /20 of the 0.5mg pills and 3% every 14 days,(attenuated ending) ....and it says:

(total 742 days or 2 years 0 months 11 days).

there's definitely a glitch in his online calculator. i wish someone would fix that. but anyways, i may start out at 2% and after awhile stable on that rate, see if i can go to 3%.

cheers to you as well!  :happybday: (i just wanted an emoticon wearing a party hat)

That's great!  It can be confusing since it doesn't totally work right, but now you know. 

Love the party hat!  It's my birthday today, actually.  Ha ha! Just kidding.    :laugh: