Monthly % taper rate experiences as your dose got lower?

[jo...]

When I started tapering from 15 mg of valium, my monthly taper % cut was about 6.6%.  As I am getting closer to 11 mg and by using the same DLMT method, my monthly taper cut will be around 9%.  I was and still am tapering .03 mg per day, which takes 33 days to taper 1 mg.  I know I am going to have to slow down at some point in the near future to keep sx at bay.

I am interested in your experiences as you taper % got higher and how you found the happy medium % to stay at each month.  I know everyone's taper experience is different as our bodies react differently to benzos, but I have read where others have reduced by 5%-10% every two weeks.  There is no way I could do that and stay functional.  I felt fairly well at 6.6% a month, but as I am reaching the 9%- 10% a month, sx are slowly starting to creep in.

I just thought this would make a good conversation and was curious about other buddies experiences as their monthly doses became lower.  And yes, I am planning on slowing down my monthly % cut in the near future, as I fear I could not handle a 10% cut each month.

Best wishes to all,

JoJo

When I started tapering from 15 mg of valium, my monthly taper % cut was about 6.6%.  As I am getting closer to 11 mg and by using the same DLMT method, my monthly taper cut will be around 9%.  I was and still am tapering .03 mg per day, which takes 33 days to taper 1 mg.  I know I am going to have to slow down at some point in the near future to keep sx at bay.

I am interested in your experiences as you taper % got higher and how you found the happy medium % to stay at each month.  I know everyone's taper experience is different as our bodies react differently to benzos, but I have read where others have reduced by 5%-10% every two weeks.  There is no way I could do that and stay functional.  I felt fairly well at 6.6% a month, but as I am reaching the 9%- 10% a month, sx are slowly starting to creep in.

I just thought this would make a good conversation and was curious about other buddies experiences as their monthly doses became lower.  And yes, I am planning on slowing down my monthly % cut in the near future, as I fear I could not handle a 10% cut each month.

Best wishes to all,

JoJo

I am in a different situation dose wise but tapering fairly quickly. I was able to do 15% in 10 days... did that for 20 and was fine with minimal sx . I’m now at a lower dose and i also feel symptoms creeping up a little more heavy. It’s not unbearable and still have days it’s basically how it was.. but my % has increased and I’m probably closer to 17-18%. I am able to treat my minimal symptoms with Tylenol and things that have been helping so I know it’s not to bad. But switched my daily reduction to .004. I think it really is finding the right % and sticking with it.

For me, if my anxiety isn't through the roof.. I try to hang in there. Which is weird that I feel other symptoms and my anxiety is fairly okay.. I always thought it was the first thing to kind of hit.

I’m rambling now. Not even sure if I helped lol.