Builder, can you help me with DLMT for K?

[Bu...]

I am at .18 mg of K at this point. I have to go quite slowly as I have other health issues that are exacerbated by tapering. I will be using the PG as the solvent and know that the formula is 1mg:2ml:8ml. I need a schedule to reduce 5% every 2 weeks.

I have .5 mg pills.  For 10 days I would use 5 pills, 10 ml PG, 40 ml of water. Is that correct?

I am not quite sure about the rest of the schedule. I could sure use your help. I have all the equipment from my last liquid taper except for the PG, which I will order today.

I have been holding at this level for 8 wks to stabilize and am ready to go forward.

Thank you so very much for helping so many here. I hope you realize how much you and Jim Hawks are appreciated! This would be overwhelming without your help.

I am at .18 mg of K at this point. I have to go quite slowly as I have other health issues that are exacerbated by tapering. I will be using the PG as the solvent and know that the formula is 1mg:2ml:8ml. I need a schedule to reduce 5% every 2 weeks.

I have .5 mg pills.  For 10 days I would use 5 pills, 10 ml PG, 40 ml of water. Is that correct?

I am not quite sure about the rest of the schedule. I could sure use your help. I have all the equipment from my last liquid taper except for the PG, which I will order today.

I have been holding at this level for 8 wks to stabilize and am ready to go forward.

Thank you so very much for helping so many here. I hope you realize how much you and Jim Hawks are appreciated! This would be overwhelming without your help.

.18mg X 5% = .009mg

.009mg/14 days = .0006mg/day

Because you will be working with very small daily cuts, I would do 1mg:2ml PG: 98ml water.  This gives you a finished solution of .01mg=1ml.  This will be easier to work with.

Schedule:

.18mg                18ml

.1794mg            17.94ml

.1788mg            17.88ml

.1782mg            17.82ml

etc...

just lower your dose by .06ml (.0006mg) each day.

Hello, BC.  First and foremost, congratulations on making it to 0.18mg of clonazepam.  That’s a major accomplishment!  The bolded part of your message caught my eye.  I wonder if you might be a tad fuzzy re: the difference between number of pills and strength of pills?

If you use 5 of your 0.5mg pills, the total amount of clonazepam would be 2.5mg (5 x 0.5). Applying the 1:2:8 ratio, would yield this formula:

2.5mg of clonazepam + 5 mL PG + 20 mL water = 0.1 mg/mL.  This amount of liquid would last 13 days (2.5mg/.18mg) at your current dose.

I’m no expert but FWIW I agree with builder’s suggestion that you consider making a more dilute solution. Your formula would be:

TWO of your 0.5 mg pills (or 1mg of clonazepam)  + 2mL PG + 98mL water = 1mg/100mL of liquid =  0.01 mg/mL.  This amount of liquid would last 5 days (1/.18) which would allow you to get an initial read on how you react to this new formulation while holding your current dose constant.

I hope this helps! L

Edit: minor wording change

Thank you Builder and Libertas for the help, and yes I did make the mistake of not calculating the pills right. What a noodlenoggin I am. Thank you Builder for your kindness in not pointing out my obvious mistake but just giving me the formula which I will follow.

Thank you Libertas for pointing it out so graciously as me being a bit "fuzzy". Yes my thinking has been a bit fuzzy the last few months, as a matter of fact it is more like long haired furry with tangles.

Love to you both,

Butter