Going on 5 days with 0 hours..help

[To...]

I’m going on 5 days with 0 hours of sleep and I swear it feels like I’m dying.

Does anyone else go thru this type of Insomia where you want to end it do to the torture? I’m freaking out bad....I’m laying here and I feel all the anxiety in my body,does anyone else have it this bad? I can barely walk due to the anxiety from not sleeping.

I went through what you are now going through and did not come close to dying (didn't even catch colds when they spread through my household). You will fall asleep when your body absolutely needs too. I also learned that an apparent zero sleep night is seldom actually that. Brief micro sleeps occur without your being aware of it. My wife would often tell me that I was snoring when I though for sure that I was wide awake. These micro sleeps are what sustain you until sleep start to return (and it will). You will get through this one night at a time.

Tommy,

Aloha is totally right. We've been there with numerous nights in a row of zero perceived sleep. Feeling like you're dying, feeling like you're being tortured, feeling crazy, etc. these are all symptoms. With this kind of sleep deprivation your mind will say some crazy things to you. Keep reminding yourself that they're just thoughts, just feelings, not facts. This will pass and your sleep will start to come back. It sucks until then but this horrible phase gets better. One day, one hour, one minute at a time until then. Try to de-emphasize sleep. Distract yourself. At night tell yourself that your body/mind can survive as long as it needs to without awareness of sleep as long as it gets rest. Allow yourself to express, even feel if you can, gratitude for every minute of rest and sleep rather than focusing on how much more you want/need. It's a shift of focus that takes a force of will but it helps. Hang in there. We're pulling for you.

MT

Time is the only real cure and every bad night brings you that much closer to the end of your ordeal. You will get there.

My first post here was "I feel like I am dying" and that was from a 5 day cold turkey episode with no sleep. When I hooked up again, i went from 2mg of xanax to 1mg. 5 months of feeling tense, brain fog, memory issues,  other symptoms that I was able to largely mitigate with exercise, then I made a 100% recovery. Try using exercise, a steam room to rid your body of these poison benzos which accumulate in your fat tissues, natural melatonin supplements like tart cherry, fish oil pills and others that are known to help brain function/neurotransmission. etc and slowly taper off over time. I am about to incorporate acupuncture, Reiki, and deep meditation into my taper. The power of mind over matter (body) cannot be dismissed as a holistic healing approach seems to help many who swear by it

Tommy I am have gone thru what you are going thru quite few times. The first few months on my rapid taper I handled it pretty well considering how long I was going without sleep.

But when it started up a couple months ago again I have not handled it very well. I'm getting better at handling it again. Just try to accept it and dont fight it. Like someone said you will finally sleep when your body finally gets tired enough.

Just try relaxation techniques like breathing or hot baths (that has been helping me).

Hope it gets better for you.

Thank you it’s a liveing hell and the Insomia is soooo torturous....thank you for the support

Aloha is totally right. We've been there with numerous nights in a row of zero perceived sleep. Feeling like you're dying, feeling like you're being tortured, feeling crazy, etc. these are all symptoms. With this kind of sleep deprivation your mind will say some crazy things to you. Keep reminding yourself that they're just thoughts, just feelings, not facts. This will pass and your sleep will start to come back. It sucks until then but this horrible phase gets better. One day, one hour, one minute at a time until then. Try to de-emphasize sleep. Distract yourself. At night tell yourself that your body/mind can survive as long as it needs to without awareness of sleep as long as it gets rest. Allow yourself to express, even feel if you can, gratitude for every minute of rest and sleep rather than focusing on how much more you want/need. It's a shift of focus that takes a force of will but it helps. Hang in there. We're pulling for you.

MT

I went through what you are now going through and did not come close to dying (didn't even catch colds when they spread through my household). You will fall asleep when your body absolutely needs too. I also learned that an apparent zero sleep night is seldom actually that. Brief micro sleeps occur without your being aware of it. My wife would often tell me that I was snoring when I though for sure that I was wide awake. These micro sleeps are what sustain you until sleep start to return (and it will). You will get through this one night at a time.

Your so sick when you don’t sleep like nausea so bad and the anxiety is almost unbearable

Thanks guys,I’m just holding on by the edge of a string....just massive electric in my brain and 100% disableing anxiety....so sick but have to keep going

Tommy65 - how have your recent nights been like?  How long has this been going on? Are you taking anything or considering taking anything to help?  Do you not get sleepy and find it impossible to fall asleep?

I am in the same boat as you. Not sleeping more than 8hrs a week.  I recovered my sleep for about a whole year.  Think stress and alcohol put me back into acute.  I cracked and took Remeron then Ativan again as things were not getting better after several months.  Don't do what I did.  Even though I didn't take them foe long I feel like I really screwed myself.