Rivotril 10 year old user (Clonazepan)

[Br...]

Hello everybody. I'm from Brazil, Rio de Janeiro and I'm 55 years old.

I am attending this Forum because I used for 10 years BZD, Rivotril (Clonazepan). As I began to lower the dosage, I felt many adverse effects. As I did not know the forum I was searching a lot in order to find answers to my sanity. When I found Dr. Ashton's site there I saw the link here and it was my salvation because I thought I was already crazy.

Thank God all of you here are saving me because every story I read strengthens me the most.

I am using Rivotril (clonazepan) in drops. I am currently only taking 2 drops at night.

I am in this 2 year withdrawal process with a zero drop attempt that only lasted 4 months. Right after doing a colonoscopy the anesthetist injected me Midazolan as part of an anesthetic and I had warned of my withdrawal, but it was no use. A week later came all the symptoms and had to go back to 2 drops alternating in the morning and night until I was able to go back to 2 drops only at night and I want to move to one drop only. Still experiencing the symptoms of BZD withdrawal, but straight ahead.

Sorry for the text but as I am not fluent in English I am using Google Translate for this text.

Hugs to all the administrators and people of this forum.

Hi Brazil Raw :hug: and Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you joined the community, I am sorry for what happened to you.  You did well with your taper. Stay positive, you will come through this!  In general it’s advised to cut your daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  This is depending on how you feel. It’s okay to go slower than this, whatever feels comfortable, the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable. 

Check out the Ashton Manual, It’s great for understanding the effect benzodiazepines have on our body.  It also provides tapering and withdrawal information.  You will find some valuable support and info on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

You might wish to post to the this support group, 

Klonopin Klub  members will be happy to share their experience and offer advice. 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

When you can, please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you very much for your availability and Magrita attention. Fraternal hugs. I will search the forum further to feel more relaxed about my symptoms.  :thumbsup: