almost done with co from 1.5mg ativan to valium. when should I start tapering.

[le...]

Dear BB

I'm 2/3 done with my crossover to Valium. I experienced elevated anxiety/depression/sedation and stronger muscle aches as usual. The anxiety and muscle aches seem to stabilize as the Valium starts accumulating in the body. Next Thursday I will be done with my c/o.

Now to my actual question; I read online that it takes up to a month for the diazapam to accumulate and reach about 90% of its full effect. In the ashton manual taper plan they only wait a week after the full switch to diazepam to start tapering. So my question is when you started to taper after the c/o. At the moment I seem to get by not with ease but its bearable at the 10mg of Valium although I still enjoy the extra relaxation from the last dose of Ativan.

Best regards

Lemlon

lemlon, I c/od from Ativan to valium also.

I had quite a bit of sedation when I was completely crossed over, so I waited until it had dissipated before I started my taper. Like Maugham, I think it was about two weeks.

I would wait until you feel (more or less) well, then start.

Katz

• 2 months later...

Dear BB

I'm 2/3 done with my crossover to Valium. I experienced elevated anxiety/depression/sedation and stronger muscle aches as usual. The anxiety and muscle aches seem to stabilize as the Valium starts accumulating in the body. Next Thursday I will be done with my c/o.

Now to my actual question; I read online that it takes up to a month for the diazapam to accumulate and reach about 90% of its full effect. In the ashton manual taper plan they only wait a week after the full switch to diazepam to start tapering. So my question is when you started to taper after the c/o. At the moment I seem to get by not with ease but its bearable at the 10mg of Valium although I still enjoy the extra relaxation from the last dose of Ativan.

Best regards

Lemlon

How long into the c/o did the anxiety start to stabilize? I'm about a week into a c/o from K to V and my anxiety is pretty much debilitating at this point.