Problems with walking

[Tr...]

Hi, my legs are getting quite weak, the muscles are stiffening and my feet are  burning.  Can anyone relate to that? How long will it last for and what can I do to make it better?  It seems to be getting  worse. Am tapering off of Diazepam,  started at 10,75 mg back in december and am now down to 3,6 mg,  using dry cut microtaper. Have to hold more often. Any tips or advice?

I just a newbie but I am experiencing those same things plus more there is no clear cut time tables for when symptoms go away but I would listen to your body as far as cutting down I've heard people say take it slow I was made to go cold turkey so have no knowledge of tapering

Hi i am having pain in my legs hips and back amd feet too. I go to pt. I think it is a sx. Never had these problems before. I am not sure how long it takes to go away. Lets hope soon! Sorry you are going thru this. I feel your pain! :tickedoff:

Hi Trochsetter,

Yep, I think lots of us can relate to this. I am 16 months out but it still happens, for example today.....for me how the time oasses it doesn't hit me that often....hang in there!

Regards,

Cookiegirl

Hi all, thanks for your reply. I need reassurance of my symptoms; I guess, we all do.  Getting a new symptom, and finding out through reading,  or watching videos, that it's a side effect of withdrawal, gives me peace of mind. So I have to worry less. That alone makes it more bearable. We all have to find the strength to get through this ordeal.

Hey I hope you get to feeling better I've had big issues with body locking on my clonazepam taper even going slow I'd be walking across the street or standing in front of someone and bam my body just wants to lock up. So aggravating halfway across the street and I'm all stiffened up. I founf using a cane helps tremoundously just something about touch and that support that soothes it. At grocery stores I always park next to a cart thing and use a cart to get through the store once again it helps tremendously. I do that at all stores. At work I find gently and quietly touching something like a chair as I go on by helps out a lot as well. Stress balls somethimg in my pocket to grip or squeeze helps a lot as well. Hope your doing well!

Hi, my legs are getting quite weak, the muscles are stiffening and my feet are  burning.  Can anyone relate to that? How long will it last for and what can I do to make it better?  It seems to be getting  worse. Am tapering off of Diazepam,  started at 10,75 mg back in december and am now down to 3,6 mg,  using dry cut microtaper. Have to hold more often. Any tips or advice?

Yes!

It is a withdraw symptom. I drink a DIY electrolyte solution (I googled it) and I started eating foods high in magnesium. It's not a cure all but it is helping. You could give it a shot? As for the time frame? My muscles started feeling weak in June and I'm still dealing with it. I think, for me, as long as I'm tapering I'll continue to feel this. But keep moving, is my motto...I don't want anything to atrophy.

Best of luck, you're not alone.

Yep. I can relate. Feels like my brain isn’t sending signals to my legs to go.

Some days very wobbly. - that boaty feeling, like the ground is giving way under my feet.

And some days, legs feel like concrete.

xx Lil