Family member/partners support

[Tr...]

I got this message: "Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days. Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic".

English is not my native language. So I apologize if it is too much coco bananas!  ::)

Both my Mom and I are in the same situation. And there is good and bad in this. We are worried about each other. But she doesn’t have to explain, I know.

We try to survive by sending horrible pictures of ourselves ”to save the day”. But a high risk for setback, the nervous system hates this. I’ll never laugh anymore!  :brickwall:

And we are allowed to complain for a certain time 10-15 minutes. And all ugly words we can think of - ”Goodness, it's awful!” But then we laugh, and everything feels better.

We use the pain scale 1-10.

And they have read "what's happening in your brain"/Parker.

Everyone does not want to do this way. But we need to talk about our horrible situation. And sometimes cry. And all this is also very difficult even for family and friends. We are so changed; angry, sad and sometimes completely despairing. Divorce?

Every morning we are thinking ”today I will not complain and be happy. I’m NOT going to cry”. But what happens?

Most people think that the recovery is linear. You can explain a hundred times, but they immediately forget. ”Today you are fine, we are so happy. Where do you want to go on vacation?” Then we just want to give up.

So I’m wondering; should we tell everything? I regret that I told them about the acute phase. They are still talking about this. ”Was that really true?!

If we really are at the bottom of hell, do you want to know?

A good communication forms the best basis for mutual understanding. Tips to help each other?

Thanks!  :)