Hospital

[ka...]

Where I live we have a hospital that has a rep of not being the best for 3 days I was there and never was told what was wrong with me I had pancreatitis but nobody told me when I saw Dr Coakley I asked what was wrong with me He told me Today my Sister gets a call from same hospital My 94 year old Aunt is being discharged after 2 days She has a blood infection and due to dehydration she now has kidney issues when My Sister bought her in and thought she was suffering from dehydration they never gave her fluids until Yesterday all the time she was in emergency room for 15 plus hours never gave her any fluids when they knew she was getting sick for 4 days and that's why my sister called 911 the emts made my aunt who was weak as hell walk to the ambulance do they have a friggen clue  Now they tell my sister she has kidney damage from lack of fluid and there discharging her home because she doesn't want to go to rehab No way My sister says She's in rehab were my nephew works I'm so disgusted with that hospital I come in there with benzo withdrawal and what do they give me benzos that how they treat alcohol withdrawal 

Oh dear. You must be really angry about this and I don't blame you. I happen to be an RN of many years, and am familiar with many patients similar to her. Dehydration can be serious but one always has to weigh the dangers of OVER hydrating an older person. If she has kidney issues, OVER hydrating could be disastrous.

Your aunt should not be discharged home, in my opinion. She needs to be in rehab for a while to make sure she is drinking/eating enough. Does she live alone? Who is her main caregiver?

Kachina, you have so much already going on. And now this. This is a huge burden for you. Is your sister as involved as you? Does your sister know what YOU are going through?

east

My sister thinks what I'm going though is a joke and she is more way involved with my aunt then I am It's a long story their But she's in rehab I hope she doesn't have to stay she is in her how but My Niece and Nephew and Great Niece live with her My nephew takes care of Aunt lizzie but he works full time they both do but he leaves her food to eat and I get her books to listen to from the library she can't see or hear very well she still keeps her hands busy with knitting