Slid off 3.5 yr taper, healing is happening!

[...]

Today, I am benzo-free!!  I took my last dose of 0.01mg Librium last night.

I was a short term, low dose user.  In the beginning, I did cut/hold for a while which worked until it didn't.  The constant guess work of how much to cut and how long to hold became too difficult, and any wrong guesses would set me back too much.  Once I switched to the daily microtaper, the guesswork was gone, and my confidence rose that I would make it.  The sx's were more constant with DMT, but not quite as severe, and the waves would pass w/o me having to hold.  So I found a very slow daily rate that I could handle and just kept at it, w/o holding hardly at all. I never had a sx-free day, but I was able to float to zero.  I was able to keep working at my part-time job throughout my taper.  As I slide off, I can say healing has definitely happened during my 3.5 year taper.  I'm not completely healed, but I feel so much better than I did even 6 months or even 3 months ago!  There are still a number of sx's, but in general, they aren't as severe, don't happen as often, and don't last as long.

I never thought I'd ever get off.  You read that so much on here. I, too, thought I was the outlier, I wouldn't get off or heal.  This thought is is just another one of the twisted sx's in this.  If I could do it, you absolutely can too!  This process is beyond the human imagination - that's why no one else can understand.  It's bizarre and all-consuming.  I saw layers of hell I didn't even know existed. But I climbed my way out and I see the light.  To get through, I used every and any coping mechanism I came across.  Used one for a while til it didn't help anymore, then switched to the next one.  I never used any supplements or other meds.  The unconditional, innocent love from my young kids kept me going as well as my mother's shoulder where I cried more times than I can count.  And the incredible, never-ending support of all of you at this forum.  I am so grateful for BB b/c it is here that I learned my diagnosis and how to taper off.  This forum is proof of humanity's goodness and kindness.  So many people here offering themselves to complete strangers - it's beautiful really.  Life-saving.  Soul-saving.

Peace to you all, my friends!

Super cute Pooh/Piglet gif!  Thank you.

Totally cool that we slid off together - no more librium ever again!

We are Warriors!

[a2...]

Libr, congratulations!!

I remember when arrived on BB and began your long magnesium and Librium taper....thrilled you are off! 

Much love,

Marija

Libr, congratulations!!

I remember when arrived on BB and began your long magnesium and Librium taper....thrilled you are  :smitten:

Much love,

Marija

Marija!!! I was just thinking about you. You were an angel when I joined and gave me hope when all I could see was darkness. Thank you for that and for your comment. It feels so fantastic to be off. I’m so happy to see you’re getting better too! Keep in touch.

Love,

Libr  :smitten:

Thank you caltn - the original post just poured from my heart.  The healing and supporting isn't over and it's so great to still have you and others on here to travel this post-taper phase with.

Thanks DoveLuv for your message too.  I hope you are faring alright.