Repeating Stuff

[da...]

[da...]
Sorry for so many posts lately.  I have this symptom that I don't see being talked about much.  My brain constantly plays different things I have read/watched/heard over and over all day long.  I'm not sure if it is racing thoughts or rumination or both.  Does anyone else have this?

Yes, these are intrusive, looping thoughts. Very normal in withdrawal. They can drive you crazy, though. They really drove me nuts. Distraction with something else is recommended, if you can do it. 

[da...]
Thanks Terry. They are definitely very frightening and annoying. Did they eventually go away for you or are you still experiencing them?

It's much better than it used to be. I'm also doing mindfulness meditation, which helps bring my focus to my breathing instead of having a runaway mind! It also helps calm down cortisol, I learned.

Yes, the breathing sometimes helps, but these latest waves have been very difficult and the breathing isn't helping me.  And I'm at 8 mgs.  What will it be at lower doses.  So scary.  I am so glad it's helping you though........very good news.

Absolutely, distraction is a must.  But at night, awake all night, hard to get distracted, but I pray and listen to Scripture which most times helps.  The huge waves..........nothing helps, but I work hard to pay attention by repeating the scriptures to myself that I'm hearing cuz you get so Hyper, you cannot even think.