Solution or suspension to taper clonazepan

[f0...]

[f0...]

I'm starting my second taper and as I did before I'm more inclined to use Ora Blend as media for a suspension instead of the water solution. Oral blend seems to last longer (two months). I used to get the suspension from a compound pharmacy in my first taper but they use a different brand of clonazepan that made me feel bad. So i'm intending to do my own suspension this time with the same pill I'm taking (acoord).

Question:

-Noticed the 0.50 pill from accord  dissolves easily in my mouth, do I still need to use a mortar/pestle to disintegrate it for the suspension or just put it on the media and stir it would be enough?

-Is there any difference beside the taste between Ora blend and Ora plus?

-Is there any difference in terms of symptoms effects between the solution and suspension?

Please if anybody did your own suspension, I would appreciate your input.

Micedana

I'm starting my second taper and as I did before I'm more inclined to use Ora Blend as media for a suspension instead of the water solution. Oral blend seems to last longer (two months). I used to get the suspension from a compound pharmacy in my first taper but they use a different brand of clonazepan that made me feel bad. So i'm intending to do my own suspension this time with the same pill I'm taking (acoord).

Question:

-Noticed the 0.50 pill from accord  dissolves easily in my mouth, do I still need to use a mortar/pestle to disintegrate it for the suspension or just put it on the media and stir it would be enough?

-Is there any difference beside the taste between Ora blend and Ora plus?

-Is there any difference in terms of symptoms effects between the solution and suspension?

Please if anybody did your own suspension, I would appreciate your input.

Micedana

hi Micedana

i use HUMCO Flavor Blend instead of ORA Plus because the ingredients are almost identical and almost same order and HUMCO on amazon is 1/2 the price...but i only use it for suspension with my powdered seroquel, not with my clonazepam and i'm on Accord again. the reason is to get a better dissolve for benzos a solvent is used like alcohol, propylene glycol or some people prefer full fat milk or a fatty nut milk  like coconut,almond or soymilk etc. but since you want to make a supply that lasts a couple of months...if i understood that part right?...you wouldn't use any kind of fatty milks or nut milks. alcohol or propylene glycol would serve yor needs better.

HUMCO and the other suspension agents that pharmacies use, has a cough syrup taste, which i mask by putting my dose in some apple and tart cherry juice concentrate. (for my seroquel HUMCO suspension)

i dissolved 2 of my accord clonazepams today in 1ml of 190 proof everclear (95% alcohol) and it took like 5 minutes or more to dissolve! that bugger was stubborn. i was wondering why it took so long, because i read that it should dissolve in a few seconds but ok whatever. i crushed it with my dental tool and it finally dissolved almost completely, and i've read the bits that remain undissolved are just fillers so not to worry about them. still, to be safe, i rinse the tiny crumbs from the cup witha litle extra juice to make sure i get everything. maybe i'm paranoid, but it doesn't hurt anything to get allthe traces.

after dissolving the pills you add it to a certain amount of water and there's a good formula builder and others have shared but you are not trying to make a solution with a small amount of alcohol or pg, and water,  ...you said you wanted a suspension correct?

so  that's all i know about the suspension vehicles, but maybe look up builder on the titration board threads and see if you'd prefer to make a solution where you dissolve with alcohol and dilute with water (or juice in my case)