Hello, coming off 2 mgs of diazepam

[Pa...]

I was on 2 mgs of lorazapam.  My psych nurse switched me over to 20 mgs of diazepam.  Now I'm at 2 mgs.  I will go down to 1 mg in about 2 weeks.  So far it hasn't been THAT hard.  I'm worried tho about coming off completely. 

Hello Passiosky74,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! You've done really well on your taper so far and I'm very happy that you aren't having a challenging time of things. Many people can withdraw from benzos without serious issues, I hope your taper continues to go smoothly. 

How quickly did you taper from 20mg of diazepam to 2mg?  Generally, a slow taper is recommended to minimize withdrawal symptoms.  A reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is suggested. I'll give you a link to the General Taper Plans for additional information.

I'll also give you a link to the Ashton Manual. It is an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. The manual was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

Try not to worry if your taper isn't producing strong withdrawal symptoms. If you do start to feel the effects of the reductions, you might slow the taper down.  Diazepam has a very long half life and sometimes it takes a while for the cuts to catch up to you.  We'll be happy to support and encourage you as you work towards being benzo free. Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

General Taper Plans   

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)

Wow Pass, that is pretty incredible you were able to do that!  Congratulations  :). If you are feeling really well, imo, you should lower your cuts some and spread them out a little longer, just to give yourself a good chance of feeling pretty good once you are off.  You didn't say how long you tapered.

Anyway, wish you lots of luck!  Mary ☮️🙏💜

've been coming off it for about 7 months.  2 mg reductions.  I kind of have to go by my psych nurses direction.  I can cure the 2 mgs to .5.  But she swears I will be ok going to 1 in 2 weeks and then none.  I am increasing trazadone if I get insomnia.  Maybe that's why it hasn't been as difficult as it is for some people.

've been coming off it for about 7 months.  2 mg reductions.  I kind of have to go by my psych nurses direction.  I can cure the 2 mgs to .5.  But she swears I will be ok going to 1 in 2 weeks and then none.  I am increasing trazadone if I get insomnia.  Maybe that's why it hasn't been as difficult as it is for some people.