Melatonin anyone?

[He...]

Yes, one night it did help but after that not as much.  But I'm still taking it.  It works best when it's dark with no light.

Melatonin really helped me during acute

I wonder I wouldn't have been alive without it. Only 1.5mg was enough to fall asleep.It was not perfect sleep but it made me sleepy also it worked only at night during day it was of no use.

Sad and tough days I remember its been 6 months. Thanks to Allah I can sleep now without any drug.

I still have issues with sleep but they are recovering slowly.

I wakeup during sleep after 2-3 hours during midnight but I'm able to fall asleep again. The drugs really affects you.

But Theres light at the end of tunnel friends, Keep walking.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I did for over a year, maybe more. I think it helped, but doesn't last as long as you would hope. But you need to buy a good brand and use a low dose. Maximum dose limit should be 3 mg. I have read that some melatonin tested positive for serotonin...so just be aware that it could contain that.

I think it helps a little sometimes. Doesn’t really do too much for me, though.

This might sound unreasonable, but I really think the brand does matter.  For years I took different kinds of melatonin, and different dosages, and it never helped me, ever.  Then, about 3 months back, I was at Walmart, desperate, so I bought the Spring Valley brand 3mg Fast Dissolve Melatonin.  To my surprise, it's been a huge help for getting sleep, along with low dose benedryl.  I was very surprised.  I thought melatonin would never help me.

Kindly,

j

This might sound unreasonable, but I really think the brand does matter.  For years I took different kinds of melatonin, and different dosages, and it never helped me, ever.  Then, about 3 months back, I was at Walmart, desperate, so I bought the Spring Valley brand 3mg Fast Dissolve Melatonin.  To my surprise, it's been a huge help for getting sleep, along with low dose benedryl.  I was very surprised.  I thought melatonin would never help me.

Kindly,

j

I bought the Spring Valley brand from Walmart, too! I found it enormously helpful. Currently not taking any supplements now, however. But I thought it helped back then.

• 1 month later...

Yes! Melatonin definitely helps me to fall asleep.. I have read that only about 50% of people are susceptible to it.

It can make me feel a bit dopey the next day, so it's kind of a gamble.

Kindly,

j

How do you know it just wasn't the benadryl? Curious.

Kindly,

j

TsT

That’s a good question.  I’ve taken them separately, and when I just take the melatonin it helps me fall asleep when I otherwise would not.  However, when I’ve taken both, not only does it help me fall asleep, but I stay asleep longer...hence I think it’s the benedryl that helps me STAY asleep longer than I normally would.  I hope that helps.

Kindly,

j

Kindly,

j

TsT

That’s a good question.  I’ve taken them separately, and when I just take the melatonin it helps me fall asleep when I otherwise would not.  However, when I’ve taken both, not only does it help me fall asleep, but I stay asleep longer...hence I think it’s the benedryl that helps me STAY asleep longer than I normally would.  I hope that helps.

Kindly,

j

Ah. Thing is, I have no issue falling asleep. I just wake up a couple hours later and can't fall asleep again. So, melatonin never did anything for me. Which makes sense, as it does seem to help one fall asleep a bit quicker, but not necessarily stay asleep.

Kindly,

j

TsT

Kindly,

j

Ah. Thing is, I have no issue falling asleep. I just wake up a couple hours later and can't fall asleep again. So, melatonin never did anything for me. Which makes sense, as it does seem to help one fall asleep a bit quicker, but not necessarily stay asleep.

Toadally agree.  That makes perfect sense.

Forgot to tell u the obvious.  When I take only melatonin, I usually wake up 2 hours later.

That happened to me last night. Went to bed at 12am up at 2am. This is madness.

Forgot to tell u the obvious.  When I take only melatonin, I usually wake up 2 hours later.

That happened to me last night. Went to bed at 12am up at 2am. This is madness.

The very definition of madness.  Last nite I woke up at midnight.  Midnight Madness.

• 1 month later...

hmmm, is this fast dissolve melatonin a capsule with powder in it or is it a gelcap?

May hae eto try again... i would settle for anything getting me to sleep.  Have Puritan's Pride and Swanson and no dice with those...

I tried melatonin several times and it never did anything. Then  borrowed by daughters sublingual dissolvable stuff and it actually helps! Maybe some folks don’t absorb it well through their intestines.

Melatonin worked 1 night for me.

It did not work the next night.

Felt frustrated and afraid

I will try again tho.

Time released worked at one point

but I had broken it up cos I hate

Swallowing pills and that ruined it .

I tried it for about two months a year ago. It worked for about two weeks and then it did nothing.  I tried other brands... it didn't work.  :-\

Maybe once a week, I take sublingual melatonin (1/4 of 1 mg tablet). I know that is a tiny amount but it does send me off to sleep but rarely keeps me asleep. Sometimes I take another 1/4 tablet in the middle of the night if I can't get back to sleep. I can't take it more often because it makes me feel weird, or weirder than usual, the next day. Higher doses are problematic.