Doctor stopped valium

[be...]

My doctor has stopped my Valium after nearly 2 years using between 2.5 and 5mg a day. They won't even give me any 2mg to cut down as in the doctors words you only have to suffer for a couple of weeks. She also said take a seroquel instead, like that's so much better.

So I've tried to stop and managed 60 hours without any before using some as I'm sweating and feel sick and I know its withdrawal.

I have been trying to get of this drug as I knew this was coming, I have 40 5mg tablets left, enough for a quick taper? I don't know what I'm doing.

Yes you can do a taper with them. Go to the taper part of the site and they can help you with making a liquid formula.

SHAME on your ignorant doctor!!!  :nono:

She did an absolutely stupid thing.

Have you ever gone to the Benzo Coalition and read the literature there? It states specifically that doctors are NOT to leave a patient stranded when it comes to benzos. There are doctors in the group. It is very valid.

You could show her the literature. It's time for her to smell the coffee, anyway, lest she do this to someone else.

Yeah I dunno if I should call my psychiatrist? Maybe he can over rule her. Jesus I'm only asking for one months worth of 2mg to help out. I'm in the uk and we can book appointments online and see are medical records and she put down loads of stuff she didn't even give me, like a leaflet and a drug withdrawal plan, ha she said you just have to suffer for 2 weeks...take a seroquel err no chance. Feel well panicked today and not sleeping.

Just have to suffer for two weeks? It's obvious she knows nothing about withdrawal from benzos. :tickedoff:

I don't know what you can do, but I hope something is done SOON to help you!!!

Starting liquid taper tomorrow!! I have 34 pills left and I need 34 for my taper, All I can do now.....hopefully it won't be to bad. :'(

You are in a very tough situation. Your doctor is just wrong, as many are. Benzos are very powerful drugs and to safely taper off is always the best way.

I would NOT take Seroquel. You are not psychotic.

You have several choices. One is to rapid taper off, and that might be okay but you wont know until you do it. The other option is to see another doctor and design a proper taper.

I can tell you that I went CT off a boatload of Konapin and 2 ADs. My wd was not good. It was simply awful but I took benzos for 30n years. Much less than you!

Just get off benzos the safest way you possibly can, and let the healing begin.

east

I tend to agree with Keagan. Do a rapid taper off and let things come as they will. Tough it out. I sure did and so have many others. I know this isn't the usual "party line" on BB, but sometimes a person just has to do it this way. Not everyone has the means, money or access to do a longer taper.

I personally do not regret going CT. But of course, that is just me.

east

Benqb,

I guess I'm in the other camp. I'd try to get my psychiatrist to get you enough valium to do a proper taper. If that won't work, I'd ask him for suggestions for a Dr who would help me taper. You have a plan if you are unable to find someone to help you; but I'd work to find someone in parallel.

I wouldn't want to tough it out unless I really had no other option. Besides avoiding potential dangers of coming off too fast, a taper is designed to avoid having to tough it out. It's hard enough with a taper. Why make it worse if you can avoid it.

I hate it when I hear about medical people who take a stand like your Dr did. I hope you find someone else quickly....

Eoghan

I tend to agree with Keagan. Do a rapid taper off and let things come as they will. Tough it out. I sure did and so have many others. I know this isn't the usual "party line" on BB, but sometimes a person just has to do it this way. Not everyone has the means, money or access to do a longer taper.

I personally do not regret going CT. But of course, that is just me.

east

Being off its its own reward. Even if you feel crappy!!!!

I'm shocked at how irresponsible some of the comments above are. Of course you should try to do a slow taper! That's the whole point of BB. CT and rapid tapers can be dangerous and bring you a lot of problems. If all had been well with the people that made those comments they wouldn't be here telling people how much they suffered. I would try to get more benzo and taper according to Ashton: you cut 5% to 10% of current dose every 10 to 14 days. That's fast for benzos.

I'm shocked at how irresponsible some of the comments above are. Of course you should try to do a slow taper! That's the whole point of BB. CT and rapid tapers can be dangerous and bring you a lot of problems. If all had been well with the people that made those comments they wouldn't be here telling people how much they suffered. I would try to get more benzo and taper according to Ashton: you cut 5% to 10% of current dose every 10 to 14 days. That's fast for benzos.

A slow taper is ideal, but it doesn't work for everyone. I tried for years the "right" way and I only got sicker. Detox was brutal, but without it I'd still be stuck in tolerance with worsening depression by the day.

My taper plan is 113 days long which is 3 months at a 10% reduction every 2 weeks. I wasn't taking massive amounts of the stuff in the first place, 2 years is a long time on something that actually helps my problems so that's why I'm doing the DLMT.

This week was the first week of my taper and it's gone ok, had a bit of a wobble last night where I'd normally take a tablet, other than that it's been ok so far.

No one is going to give me anymore Valium, so this is the only choice I have!! I'm lucky I had stored an extra couple of boxes of valium or I would be going through CT!!