BUILDER, (or someone) could you help me please?

[da...]

I have been taking .25 Klonopin for a couple months and am having a really tough time tapering down cutting pills. I'd like to try a titration but need some help with it. Previously I took temazepam for 2 1/2 months. so about 4 1/2 months total. I read your posts on mixing it with alcohol and then water, but am still confused as to how to set this up. Would I put 1 mg Klon + .5 ml everclear and 9.5 ml water? Then make 10% cut each 2 weeks, so I would cut how much each day? Sorry, I'm not very good at math... any help appreciated.

I believe it is 1 ml of alcohol for each mg of benzo.  Hopefully someone will help me out with the correct ratio of alcohol to benzo to dissolve the pill.

So you would add one ml of high enough proof alcohol and 9 mls of water.  You would want to make a large batch sufficient to last you at least a week.  It is easier to make this in larger batches and draw it with a syringe for daily use.

Actually, the required amount of alcohol depends on how pure the liquid is.  A 90% pure product will dissolve more than a 40% pure product.  80 proof vodka closely equates to a 40% pure product.  2 mls of 80 proof vodka will dissolve 1mg of benzo. 1ml  190 proof Everclear (95% alcohol) will safely dissolve at least 1mg of benzo.

So if you combine 3mg K + 3ml Everclear + 27ml water, you will have 30mls of liquid K, .1mg=1ml.

If you want to reduce your dose by

.25  10% = .025mg

.025mg/10 days = .0025mg/day  (I suggest you round down to .002mg/day)

Schedule:

.25mg                  2.5ml

.248mg                2.48ml

.246mg                2.46ml

.244mg                2.44ml

etc...

Just lower your dose by .02ml (.002mg) each day.

The psych nurse practitioner who is supposedly guiding me said "you can just quit if you want to." When I said no to that she said ok then you can do 1 week at .25 and one week at .125, and then get off the pills and throw them away. From the responses here it sounds like she doesn't have a clue about benzo withdrawal. I don't have a problem with tapering slowly. It makes alot of sense. My problem is that every time I take the clonopin now even at low doses it makes me hyper alert and causes major insomnia as well as breathing problems, so I am very motivated to get off it.  The sleep problem is the worst of it.