I am so anxious and dont know..please help

[De...]

Hi I am feeling more anxious than usual. I dont know why. I feel like i am going to cry. I never cry, but i feel it inside.  :'(  is this just a sx. I guess iam just scared.  I just want to think im healing. Then i get a sx and like my legs get electricity when i sleep and my body trembles. What the hell is this. Its horrible. I think this is my daily freak out. How do u guys cope? Im running out of positive self talk. My head is banannas. Any advice from u guys would ve so appreciated  :D

D,

I have walked in those same shoes. I went CT off benzos and ADs 7b years ago. All hell ensued. Jy wd was really bad and I still cannot describe it.

It might hep if you got a basic understanding of WHY you feel this way. Almost everyone on BB has to do this. Benzos work on your brain, so when you go off benzos, your brain over-reacts and caused multitudes of weird symptoms. Fear and anxiety seem to be the most common symptoms in BWD.

You ARE healing, but benzo healing can take a long time.

What ultimately helped me the most was "faking it". You call this positive self talk but its pretty much the same thing. Every time I had a negative though I tried to reverse it. I did this for over a year, and it DID help. A lot. Now that I am healed, I am so much more positive than I was back then. I actually re-trained my brain to BE happier.

A lot of BWD is just enduring it. There is no way to avoid that, which is dad. But true.

east

Thanks East! That is really helpful. I do good forv a while then fall on my face again lol. I do need to start reversing my thoughts. The way you think makes a big difference. I def can see i have been getting neg over the last few days. Thanks glad u are healed! :thumbsup:

Dehytq2,

We have very similar histories. I just looked at your signature. I too have had issues with alcohol. I consider myself as having an "addictive personality." I also know WHY I do. Long story I cannot go into but it does have to do with a childhood abuse issue.

I am impressed with your thinking! You are SO right. All of us need to reverse our negative thoughts. About ten years ago I was seeing a decent CBT therapist, and she suggested many times I try to "fake it" or reverse my negative thoughts. Because I was still on benzos (and a lot of them-) I just did not get this. But when I was forced to go cold turkey off two benzos and 2 SSRIs, my brain suddenly began to recall what Deborah had told me. I began to try to do this. My acute wd was beyond words, but hell, I took benzos for thirty long years. AND went cold turkey. NOT a good situation, huh? What I tried to start doing was to "fake it" especially here on BB. I recently read some of my very first posts here and they sound SO sane and logical and I was anything BUT that.

Just keep on trying to do this stuff. Benzo wd does end and we do heal from this, but for some it just takes a long time. I am glad you are aware of your addictive tendencies.

What worked for me was to "reverse" all of my negative thinking. I did this both mentally and by writing it on a piece of paper. I did this for monthes on end, and IN the end, it truly did help me. The theory is that by making yourself do this, you actually "re-wire" your brain into BEING more positive. This worked for me quite well and I am no longer the pessimisstic thinker I used to be. Both getting off benzos and SSRIs helped this, plus my attempts to re-train my mind.

east