Close enough to done. 2 months and mostly healed.

[Ma...]

Okay, this will probably be my last post for a while. While I don't think I'm completely healed, I'm at least 95%. All sxs gone, except for some pain in my neck, and the occasional cog fog, but no big deal. Back to living normally. Insomnia still a bit of an issue, but not debilitating. No temptation to reinstate, but it does take some getting used to, to fall asleep. You're used to the buzz kicking in, the prelude to knocking you out, but you don't get that with normal sleep. Sometimes sleep still doesn't come, no matter what I take. I just don't let it stress me out anymore. Tired won't kill you. Benzos/Z drugs will. I will not ever forget the crippling pain I went through.

Wondered for a long while if I'd ever be at 100%, but at this juncture, not sure what that means. I've still got arthritis, so I'm never going to be at 100%.

But, just so you know, there are people who heal short term, supplements do help, you just have to find the right combo that works for you. I'm still taking Phosphatidyl Serine, Lion's mane, and tulsi. Great stuff, tulsi. I take a bit of a, ahem, "herbal" tincture at night. Helps greatly with sleep. I don't take it during the day, as I don't like the effects. My best advice to anyone who's going through WD is get some damn exercise, no matter how much you don't want to, and FFS, watch what you're putting in your pie hole. Processed foods are BAD. Those chemicals are not helping your sxs at ALL.

And while I acknowledge Dan Killian's issues, I never would have made it without binaural/isochronic beats. They were one of the biggest helps to reorganizing my brain and sleep patterns. Idiot insurance company wouldn't cover my neurofeedback. You'd think a person trying to get off drugs could get more help. Although, I don't understand why neurofeedback costs so damn much.

Yesterday, I helped an older man get in a cord of firewood. My body is beat to hell today (don't start firewood season with the biggest damn tree you can find, LOL), but I did hard labor for 6 hours with few issues (other than hitting a pot hole, slamming my head on the truck ceiling, and driving my truck into a ditch). Spending the day today cooking. Life is good. Ya'll hang in there. Things get better. And for those just starting out on WD, remember that not everyone has long term issues.

Thanks to all the BB peeps that helped me out. BB was a great help to save my sanity when things got horrible.

Ciao!

this is great, congratulations!

I hope there are many many great days in store for you from now on.

Thank you for sharing this, it gives me hope that not all healing stories take years.

• 1 month later...

Okay, this will probably be my last post for a while. While I don't think I'm completely healed, I'm at least 95%. All sxs gone, except for some pain in my neck, and the occasional cog fog, but no big deal. Back to living normally. Insomnia still a bit of an issue, but not debilitating. No temptation to reinstate, but it does take some getting used to, to fall asleep. You're used to the buzz kicking in, the prelude to knocking you out, but you don't get that with normal sleep. Sometimes sleep still doesn't come, no matter what I take. I just don't let it stress me out anymore. Tired won't kill you. Benzos/Z drugs will. I will not ever forget the crippling pain I went through.

Wondered for a long while if I'd ever be at 100%, but at this juncture, not sure what that means. I've still got arthritis, so I'm never going to be at 100%.

But, just so you know, there are people who heal short term, supplements do help, you just have to find the right combo that works for you. I'm still taking Phosphatidyl Serine, Lion's mane, and tulsi. Great stuff, tulsi. I take a bit of a, ahem, "herbal" tincture at night. Helps greatly with sleep. I don't take it during the day, as I don't like the effects. My best advice to anyone who's going through WD is get some damn exercise, no matter how much you don't want to, and FFS, watch what you're putting in your pie hole. Processed foods are BAD. Those chemicals are not helping your sxs at ALL.

And while I acknowledge Dan Killian's issues, I never would have made it without binaural/isochronic beats. They were one of the biggest helps to reorganizing my brain and sleep patterns. Idiot insurance company wouldn't cover my neurofeedback. You'd think a person trying to get off drugs could get more help. Although, I don't understand why neurofeedback costs so damn much.

Yesterday, I helped an older man get in a cord of firewood. My body is beat to hell today (don't start firewood season with the biggest damn tree you can find, LOL), but I did hard labor for 6 hours with few issues (other than hitting a pot hole, slamming my head on the truck ceiling, and driving my truck into a ditch). Spending the day today cooking. Life is good. Ya'll hang in there. Things get better. And for those just starting out on WD, remember that not everyone has long term issues.

Thanks to all the BB peeps that helped me out. BB was a great help to save my sanity when things got horrible.

Ciao!

Did you reply 100%?