Fighting Anxiety with Probiotics even while tapering benzo

[pu...]

Hi there has anyone tried using probiotics to combat anxiety and depression while tapering benzo.  I have been doing some research and found some links that state that they can help anyone tried?

https://www.optimallivingdynamics.com/blog/the-9-most-promising-psychobiotics-for-anxiety?fbclid=IwAR1AupIGA7BtgcjVjB2SmFjwV4jUkmh1la0Sd3IJ99HrhriUx9serxfkWyM

I just bought the ones listed in the link and will let you know how things go.

Purple

I wrote something and thought it got posted but I don't see it here...so I am chimming in again.  After doing a lot of research into the gut-brain relationship, I found a company that was accepted amoungst Canadian Health Officials, but it did not say Health Canada, as a statistically proven probiotic to help people with anxiety.  The company is called Lallemand Health Solutions based out of Montreal and other locations.  It was first branded as Probio'Stick so I searched everywhere I could to find it.  I ended up emailing their customer service and it has been bought out by Natural Factors and is called Calm Biotic 3 Million.  I am just getting started with it.  Another fellow Canadian who got off of Benzos, claims drinking kefir daily has helped him with his anxiety. So I am drinking that or eating yogurt as well. I figure even if it doesn't help my anxiety, it is beneficial to my body and may help prevent too many G.I issues related to benzo belly.  So I'm giving it a go!  Got nothing to loose! I am also on 30 mg of Prozac to help with my anxiety so it would be hard for me to know which, or if both can help quell my panic and GAD. 

I wrote something and thought it got posted but I don't see it here...so I am chimming in again.  After doing a lot of research into the gut-brain relationship, I found a company that was accepted amoungst Canadian Health Officials, but it did not say Health Canada, as a statistically proven probiotic to help people with anxiety.  The company is called Lallemand Health Solutions based out of Montreal and other locations.  It was first branded as Probio'Stick so I searched everywhere I could to find it.  I ended up emailing their customer service and it has been bought out by Natural Factors and is called Calm Biotic 3 Million.  I am just getting started with it.  Another fellow Canadian who got off of Benzos, claims drinking kefir daily has helped him with his anxiety. So I am drinking that or eating yogurt as well. I figure even if it doesn't help my anxiety, it is beneficial to my body and may help prevent too many G.I issues related to benzo belly.  So I'm giving it a go!  Got nothing to loose! I am also on 30 mg of Prozac to help with my anxiety so it would be hard for me to know which, or if both can help quell my panic and GAD.

I have a probiotic called Blackmores 50 Million Probiotic+. I'll keep going with that. Thanks! ☺

I've tried several probiotics, mostly the ones listed for anxiety. Never noticed any difference in anything other than my wallet. Like most supplements I've tried, these things are just nowhere near as strong as my anxiety.

Did you find the Prozac helped? I tried a few SSRIS, but they gave me severe anxiety, escitalopram and citalopram. My doctor prescribed me Mirtrazipene, (Remeron) but I am a bit put off by reports of sleepiness and weight gain. Don't SSRIs cause stomach problems in general?

I think I will try the probiotics though, thanks!

Fellow Canadian here  :smitten:

Did you find the Prozac helped? I tried a few SSRIS, but they gave me severe anxiety, escitalopram and citalopram. My doctor prescribed me Mirtrazipene, (Remeron) but I am a bit put off by reports of sleepiness and weight gain. Don't SSRIs cause stomach problems in general?

I think I will try the probiotics though, thanks!

Fellow Canadian here  :smitten:

I do think the Prozac has helped a bit.  I am not as depressed.  I still cry a fair bit and have anxiety but after I jumped from 2.5 mg Chlordiapoxide I was in such bad shape with all sorts of WD symptoms, I am stabler now.  So can I attribute that to Prozac alone, I can't really say.  I was reinstated onto Valium, waited a month to stabilize, and am on Trazedone for sleep, which is key to helping my mood, so I want to say the combo has helped me as opposed to just the Prozac alone. ❤🍁🇨🇦