Starting crossover Xanax XR to Valium. This is the best plan I can come up with.

[Ni...]

After reading all I can, and some information from other buddies experiences, my plan is to switch the evening dose of .5 x XR to some helpful amount of valium. I was expecting 5-10 mg. My requests for 2 mg tablets have so far gone unanswered, so for now  I’m working with 5 mg tablets. I took 5mg on schedule the first evening and waited to see how it would affect my symptoms. It’s pretty obvious if it does bc I have muscle pain, stiffness and twisting going on. ( tolerance? From years on the same dose of x?)

The 5 didn’t do enough so I took 1/2 tab in addition. 7.5 = first night dose.

I felt a marked improvement in symptoms which was very welcome, and was drowsy, also good at that time of day. Once I got in bed I experienced a kind of difficulty breathing- like realizing I wasn’t breathing, not I can’t get a deep breath.  I actually did a breathing meditation and did go to sleep. I woke up with the same feeling. It reminded me of an experience post surgery where the alarm kept going off as soon as I’d fall asleep, apparently bc the machine thought I stopped breathing. Only later did I learn that Benzos can suppress respiration.

Aside from that I felt much better than usual yesterday. Tired , yes, but no pain!  I did not want to repeat the breathing experience, so ( after attempting to get a response from PCP office, but failing) I decided to try for a dose more than 5 but less than 7.5. I basically took 1 1/4 tablets (6.25) though they had not really broken evenly so it’s a guess. Tuesday night at this dose, no breathing issues but legs cramping so I was up late walking it off etc. woke up in pain which was not true the prior day.

Today I bought a pill cutter. I see my doctor on Tuesday and will have to address this then with him unless he communicates sooner. All I’m asking is some 2 mg tablets so I can get the right dose. I think that 7 might be about right, but don’t know an accurate way to divide 5 mg into 2. Maybe I’ll take 1.25 plus a sliver tonight.

Sorry to be so long winded and thanks if you’re reading the blow by blow. I’m planning to switch the 2 nd dose after about a week.  I did talk to a helpful pharmacist yesterday who confirmed this is a reasonable plan. There aren’t a lot of options when dealing with the XR version. 

I’m determined to get this done.

Any helpful responses would be welcome.

I know I read somewhere about the type of scale to buy, but so far today, I  ???can’t locate that information. If you know, please comment.