barely slept 4 days yet still alert with minimal symptoms

[fa...]

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever had this. This is new to me. Usually when I don't get sleep my symptoms increase especially the palpitations and I feel disoriented (drunk) and feel like I am leaning over and walking into walls and very moody. This is the second time in 2 weeks that I haven't slept for a few days in a row and actually feel fine. I feel my mind is sharper than usual, I am able to read work things and actually understand, etc.

Is there a reason behind all this? Is it adrenaline (if so, I would think I would be shaky and have palps) is it a thyroid thing, OR am I healing...the latter I have a hard time believing as much as I want to, because I know sleep is essential to healing.

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen with them? Love to hear your situations.

PS last week when this happened I finally got so tired I slept through the night but didn't feel as sharp as I do with no sleep. This week back to no sleep again. I know I am not getting REM sleep or deep sleep because I am looking at the clock every 20 mins or so.

Early in my wd I was very often shocked by how alert and awake I was with little or no sleep. Adrenalin may be part of the explanation but there are probably other chemicals that got used to having to pump up to balance out the GABA shower from benzos. This wore off with time so now when I have a really bad night I'm much more wiped out than I used to be so our systems must normalize after a while.

Oh, and I'd strongly suggest you turn your clock around and not look at it during the night. It's a hard habit to break but every time you look it's like getting a shot of adrenalin.

Oh, and I'd strongly suggest you turn your clock around and not look at it during the night. It's a hard habit to break but every time you look it's like getting a shot of adrenalin.

Good advice, I'll do that too.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I agree...there must be some other chemicals because usually the adrenaline makes me so anxious, shaky and major heart palps! Thanks for the advice on the clock. I will do that. Thanking the universe right now, because I am getting 6 hours (for now, until next wave). It's hard to believe back when I was younger I could sleep till noon  :laugh: