psychosis.

[Ca...]

so, is it true we could possibly have a psychosis while tapering?    i have this link.  (if not allowed please remove and acceept apologie).  because my psych put me on Seroquel.  (depression , not sleeping. but i am worried about seroquels effects on the brain)>  i am 65  . on ativan 10 years. updosed. :(  had to , was becoming unstable. badly.

/www.healthline.com/health/psychosis?fbclid=IwAR28yOnNt70StYuL6FMbe1CyvtB72STsTaZBvgv3cmnumk_8R7rsG7rsCYo#treatment

[5d...]

I don't think that it helps to ponder these things (links can be found for virtually anything).  While I imagine some kind of psychotic event is possible, I'd bet that it's exceedingly rare.  Far more common would be an unfounded concern/worry/fear of becoming psychotic. 

I think that it's common to have these concerns during withdrawal, but they do not serve you.  Try to realize that having those feelings is part of the process of withdrawal and see if you can work your way past those thoughts by (deliberately) thinking of something else.  I think recoveries benefit substantially from pondering more positive thoughts.

Cathy,

Health, whether physical or mental, anxiety is a very common withdrawal/tolerance symptom. I had it to the nth degree.

While in tolerance, because I was so sick, I had many visits to the ER, many tests, all with normal outcomes.

During withdrawal I had so many strange symptoms,  I felt that I must have some disease or condition. After all, I knew nothing about benzos and their affect on the entire human system. I used Dr. Google far too much, checked my temperature and heart rate numerous times a day.  Oh and yes, I found a lot of diseases and conditions that I might have.

The best thing I did for myself, once I found this forum and learned a lot about this type of drug, was to forbade myself from using Dr. Google and YouTube.  Finally I was released from the perpetual paralysis by analysis. It took a lot of pressure off me and yes, a lot of stress.

Why don't you try this?

pianogirl  :smitten:

I sat in florid withdrawal for 4 month after my C/T. I had about every symptom that Ashton mentions.

I hallucinated both visual and auditory, DR, DP etc, along with a host of other symptoms, both mental and physical. At no time, was I psychotic. I never lost touch with reality. That is what Psychosis is. I knew I was in state of withdrawal. I am sure my family thought I was psychotic. I kept hearing sirens or so I thought and would ask them if they heard them.  I had akasthesia and paced and rocked constantly. It was pure torment, but once I was reinstated, those symptoms abated. I still had plenty of symptoms, but nothing like I had. I was never put on any other drugs except a 5 day course of Phenobarb and a beta blocker. I even quit taking that. I guess everyone is different, but with a slow and consistent taper, the odds of that are probably nil. The more that you obsess on what can go wrong, the more fearful you will become.