Gabapentin.Will I have withdrawals if I just quit after 11 days of taking 600mg?

[va...]

I just discovered I have osteopenia and this medication reduces bone mass. I want to quit but scared of wds on top of the valium wds.

I just discovered I have osteopenia and this medication reduces bone mass. I want to quit but scared of wds on top of the valium wds.

I have tried it too but for not as long as you.  It was horrible for me.  I weaned myself off in two weeks.  With ANY med even OTC meds I recommend always weaning.  Better for the body to slowly taper.  It's even wise to wean off caffeine when your trying to quit.  Much luck to you and awesome that you research your meds!!!  :thumbsup:

I have tried it too but for not as long as you.  It was horrible for me.  I weaned myself off in two weeks.  With ANY med even OTC meds I recommend always weaning.  Better for the body to slowly taper.  It's even wise to wean off caffeine when your trying to quit.  Much luck to you and awesome that you research your meds!!!  :thumbsup:

Thank you Raquel. I decided to continue taking it. I'm more scared of benzo withdrawal than of anything else. And the psych recommends it to help with benzo wd. No guarantee it'll work but I need to try.

I wouldn't overthink gabapentin WD. 11 days is nothing. I would go to 300mg right away, wait 3 days then go to 100.....

• 2 months later...

Thank you Raquel. I decided to continue taking it. I'm more scared of benzo withdrawal than of anything else. And the psych recommends it to help with benzo wd. No guarantee it'll work but I need to try.

Well it's several months later and I'm going through horrid withdrawal symptoms from Clonazepam. I'm thinking about asking the Dr. for Gabapentin but I'm scared to take it.  I think I tried it BEFORE my taper but quit because it revved me up so badly that I thought I was going crazy.  I don't know what to do anymore but I wish you the best.  :( :(

My doctors keep pushing gabapentin on me and I fought a long time against it.  Finally gave in and went to 300.  It worked one heavenly wonderful week then quit.  Mayo doctor says my back/spine pain is from degeneration which clearly shows in my MRI.  I say it’s from BZD.  They don’t like that.  They say it’s a safe drug and I can eventually go up to 3600mg.  I disagreed.  I am so up in the air with this one.

I follow your plogs VNM.  Whatever you choose I’m good with it.  :smitten:

About 2 months off clonazapam my neurologist decided to take me off  the 1 year I spent on 900mg

of gabapentin.neurologist  said it was pretty benign drug so in 4 weeks I had to go from 900mg to nothing . It was horrible I burned worse off that that off clonazapam. I needed up having to go back on 900mg of gabapentin and now tapering it

Hi everyone. I hardly spend any time on BBs lately. Sorry for missing the posts. I'm still on it but if I went back in time I'd probably only take the trazodone. But who knows.

Guinea Pig if you're not in acute wd, and you're not, I'd rather not take it. It's another drug to come off of. Some people say wds are very bad but in general very few say it's as bad as bwd. Gnight.