Author Topic: If the Mountains Seem Too Big Today  (Read 399 times)

[Buddie]

If the Mountains Seem Too Big Today
« on: July 22, 2019, 06:41:54 am »
If the mountains seem too big today
then climb a hill instead.  If the morning brings
you sadness itís okay to stay in bed.  If the day
ahead weighs heavy and your plans feel like a
curse, thereís no shame in rearranging; donít make
yourself feel worse.  If a shower stings like needles
and a bath feels like youíll drown, if you havenít
washed your hair for days donít throw away your
crown. A day is not a lifetime, a rest is not defeat.
Donít think of it as failure, just a quiet, kind retreat.
Itís okay to take a moment from an anxious,
fractured mind.  The world will not stop turning
while you get realigned. The mountain will still be
there when you want to try again.  You can climb it
in your own time.  Just love yourself til then.
~Laura Ding~
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:56:26 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: If the Mountains Seem Too Big Today
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 07:29:02 pm »
What a great way of putting things in perspective! Thank you [...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 10:00:37 pm »
Really nice post. Thank you!!! Good job.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 01:36:14 am »
Very nice.  Thank you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 01:46:35 am »
That was nice, [...]. It made me cry.  :'(

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 06:27:48 pm »
Quote: [...]

"

If the mountains seem too big today
then climb a hill instead.  If the morning brings
you sadness itís okay to stay in bed.  If the day
ahead weighs heavy and your plans feel like a
curse, thereís no shame in rearranging; donít make
yourself feel worse.  If a shower stings like needles
and a bath feels like youíll drown, if you havenít
washed your hair for days donít throw away your
crown. A day is not a lifetime, a rest is not defeat.
Donít think of it as failure, just a quiet, kind retreat.
Itís okay to take a moment from an anxious,
fractured mind.  The world will not stop turning
while you get realigned. The mountain will still be
there when you want to try again.  You can climb it
in your own time.  Just love yourself til then.
~Laura Ding~

"

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 04:15:45 pm »
Hello, [...].

Please know that this post has inspired me to keep on keeping on. Thought I was doing so well on my taper (3.75 mg Valium once a day starting 7/11/19 now at 1.75 mg/day). Life has thrown a couple of game changers at me these last 2 weeks. First found out have to have biopsy and then was diagnosed with shingles 4 days ago which may prevent or delay the biopsy procedure. My benzo issue is anxiety. I have been blessed by the universe with a great support team. I live alone and right now, feel alone. I am confined to a ďno-stressĒ environment in hopes that the antivirus meds prevent flare-up of the dreaded shingles rash , which brings me to how I found your post. Yes, I check BB regularly for withdrawal support and technical information but also -and just as importantly- for emotional support.
Today you have greatly helped me. Thank you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 04:26:44 pm »
This is beautiful. Thank you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 04:51:39 pm »
Just what I need today ! Thank you  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 07:46:24 pm »
❤ this! Thnx!