When did your mornings get better?

[ge...]

Mornings are awful because, with most of us, our cortisol is highest in the morning.  It’s the natural cortisol cycle in all animals.  You can validate this theory by acknowledging that you feel better in the evening.  The sundowners have a flipped cortisol cycle and they feel worse in the evening.  The majority of us, however, feel lousier in the morning. 

Cortisol cycle.  That’s it.

My opinion.

Sofa

For a visual, Google "Cortisol Curve."

Adding to the conversation......

I do agree with AZBill that there appears to be other hormones or metabolic drivers, in addition to cortisol, influencing the nocturnal and morning mess.  I had by cortisol drawn at 3:00 am during the peak of my pain blast and it came back low.  Adrenaline, on the other hand, was sky high.  So much still needing to be researched...........

I do agree with AZBill that there appears to be other hormones or metabolic drivers, in addition to cortisol, influencing the nocturnal and morning mess.  I had by cortisol drawn at 3:00 am during the peak of my pain blast and it came back low.  Adrenaline, on the other hand, was sky high.  So much still needing to be researched...........

Interesting! Since cortisol should be increasing at that time, did your doctor say anything about the low level?

Mornings are awful because, with most of us, our cortisol is highest in the morning.  It’s the natural cortisol cycle in all animals.  You can validate this theory by acknowledging that you feel better in the evening.  The sundowners have a flipped cortisol cycle and they feel worse in the evening.  The majority of us, however, feel lousier in the morning. 

Cortisol cycle.  That’s it.

My opinion.

Sofa

yeah i noticed in WD from seroquel, after 1 1/2 years ofd it, that my mornings upon waking became "toxic". while i'm asleep before actually hitting the alarm and moving, i'm great...but once my mind wakens, especially the first 15-30minutes of awake time while still stretching befoere getting out of bed, i have the anxiety and rumionations starting up. once i'm up out of bed i get better fast. by noon and early aternoon even beter, night before bed is the best time. i also noticed exposure to sunlight on bare skin and eyes without sunglasses (not directly gazing at sun!) is like an antidote to the toxic morning cortisol surge. go figure

Good god I wish the morning dread would stop.  Five months out and working.  I think I’m going to have to quit my job every day I wake up.  But, it tends to pass by noon like others have said.  Exercise certainly helps but it’s the last thing I want to do in that state.

Interesting! Since cortisol should be increasing at that time, did your doctor say anything about the low level?

.....like most things benzo withdrawal related, he could not explain this

No surprise there...

No surprise there...

giggles... EXACTLY!