Safe to do an overnight switch from .5 mg ativan to 5 mg valium?

[Co...]

Hi All - I started out on 1 mg ativan and six weeks ago switched half of it overnight to valium. My body handled it well. But for some reason, I am reticent to switch the remaining .5 mg ativan to another 5 mg valium overnight. But I am in tolerance withdrawal (meaning I am sick just from being on the drugs) so I want to do this faster rather than slower - but want to avoid withdrawal obviously. How many of you have been able to make a straight switch from ativan to valium, literally overnight, at a dosage of .5 mg ativan or thereabouts? Thanks

Hi All - I started out on 1 mg ativan and six weeks ago switched half of it overnight to valium. My body handled it well. But for some reason, I am reticent to switch the remaining .5 mg ativan to another 5 mg valium overnight. But I am in tolerance withdrawal (meaning I am sick just from being on the drugs) so I want to do this faster rather than slower - but want to avoid withdrawal obviously. How many of you have been able to make a straight switch from ativan to valium, literally overnight, at a dosage of .5 mg ativan or thereabouts? Thanks

Direct switches, without allowing your body to adapt to new benzo, and all benzo react differently in the body, imo , can cause issues .  I would definitely wait on the next switch and do it slower than the first.  Valium is very different and a lot of people find they have issues with it.  Take it slow, .  Fast in anything , whether crossover or tapering, when in withdrawal can cause problems.  Wish you luck, Mary 🍀🍀🍀