Not stabilizing on Valium crossover

[Mo...]

Hey buddies,

So I have been on 10mg Valium after a 3 month crossover from 1.5mg Ativan - see signature for details.  This is doctor advised and would not give me more.  I’m not stabilizing at all and have all day anxiety which lets me function minimally, anything requiring any thinking is almost impossible.  Derealization 24/7 though almostalways better in the evening after supper.

On my last appointment she said she could give me more Valium seeing as I’m not doing as well as she planned.  My question is should I go up, maybe to 12mg to see if it gets any better or will I eventually feel better just staying at 10mg?

Im lost as to what to do, husband is getting impatient and I only have 16 months left of disability at most.

Thanks for any advice, cheers

MP

How long have you been fully on 10 mg's V and how are you dosing it?

I think you know the equivalency is a bit lower than stated on conversion charts online, however, some people do alright at a tad less, other require the full conversion amount and others do alright in between.

You have made a lot of changes over the last year and this could be causing issues still. I am not saying to not go up another 2 mg's, it  may help, it may not.

Hi Gerbera,

I’ve been on all Valium for a month,i thought I would feel better by now but it’s getting worse.  I had three days where I pushed myself and went to the gym, met with friends for lunch, Tuesday went to a happy hour, went to gym again this morning.  Maybe I did too much cuz now my brain is fried...doing the dishes is tough.

I think equivalency is probably to blame...I know everyone is different.  I have had so many changes in the last year so yes this could also be a culprit.

I am so sick of the ups and downs, husband is also very frustrated and I don’t blame him. 

My doc didn’t want to use the Ashton schedule...so here I am.

Sorry for the venting, I can’t talk about this with anyone, husband is distancing himself from me and I don’t blame him for this as well.

Cheers

MP

Hey MP :)

Sorry you are struggling, if I am looking at the crossover correctly, that is an amount many doctors would probably agree with, a lot think Ashton is too high and I can tell you it was for me, and a lot of other people on bb. 

Valium is a different kind of benzo than most....if your worst symptom was anxiety, Valium is very weak in that department.  Valium is made of 3 metabolites

1.  Sedation

2.  Muscle relaxer

3.  Anxiety

Give your body more time to adapt.  Light exercise may be fine, but nothing extreme, lots of rest.

You may also be still having some issues from going fast. 

I am sorry your husband is having a hard time with this, have you had him read any of the Ashton Manual or bb, sometimes that helps.  Men are fixers and he can't fix this, that can be very hard on some men.  We can hardly believe it's happening to us, it's hard for anyone else too. 

Hold on MP, thinking of you, hope you feel some better soon.  Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀

But if it doesn't adapt in a while, take her up on her offer, just remember, it really doesn't work like other benzo's , so go slowly. 

Mary, sweet Mary ❤️

Your words are balm to my aching body and soul right now.

Im not able to write much right now, just wanted to say thank you for the precious info.

Im also getting bouts of depression which is new to me, I understand Valium has a tendency to do this.

Im sticking it out, hanging in there.  Went for a long bike ride in the beautiful sun and stopped by a pet store to say hello to the parrot who seems fond of me.

Last Sunday I was a depressed mess, then Monday Tuesday Wednesday not so bad...hoping tomorrow will be better.

Huge hugs, I value your presence a lot

MP

Mary, sweet Mary ❤️

Your words are balm to my aching body and soul right now.

Im not able to write much right now, just wanted to say thank you for the precious info.

Im also getting bouts of depression which is new to me, I understand Valium has a tendency to do this.

Im sticking it out, hanging in there.  Went for a long bike ride in the beautiful sun and stopped by a pet store to say hello to the parrot who seems fond of me.

Last Sunday I was a depressed mess, then Monday Tuesday Wednesday not so bad...hoping tomorrow will be better.

Huge hugs, I value your presence a lot

MP

:mybuddy: :mybuddy: