Please help if you know

[...]

Please help me if you know anything about cortisol or have used phosphatidyl serine. I’ve done searches on here and I know the topic has been beaten to death, but I don’t understand what’s going on. I had my cortisol levels tested recently and they were off the chart high. The provider recommended phosphatidyl serine and folks on BB had some good results taking it, so I tried it. I’m now up at 3am with an extreme surge and sweats. How is this possible? It had the complete opposite effect for me? Of course it did.... Can someone please help me understand this? Just when you think you have a handle on this, this happens. I’m furious, miserable, and suffering tremendously.

• 4 weeks later...
Probably because phosphatidylserine increases acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is an excititory neurotransmitter that in excess can cause anxiety. To lower acetylcholine, try a low choline diet. Also, try Lysine to lower cortisol. Take 1000mg on empty stomach.

• 1 month later...

I just posted this on someone else’s post and thought it might be useful for you.

I would be very wary of this. I even have a reaction to eating eggs and am convinced that this is down to the choline content of them. I find I can tolerate peanut butter okay. Must have a good bit less. I figure that this is the reason: Benzos block our acytecholine receptors. This is why our memory /cognitive abilities are impaired when using. Once we stop using our receptors try to start working again.. but they become dysregulated. They may become a complex mixture of hypersensitive because they’re on overdrive trying to become as effective as our bodies need but also partially still not functioning as effectively as they need to. So, I think that when we consume choline rich foods our hypersensitive receptors are overreacting. Hence the hyperactivity and all of the other revving up negative symptoms that we can experience. It is funny though because there are certain times.. I’d say in the depths of a really bad wave that I actually benefit from one small raw egg yolk. It makes my symptoms better. But only then! If I’m in a window, or just feeling not terrible, it makes me worse. And obviously this is anecdotal. I can’t say whether this would work for anyone else. I wonder whether there is a sort of swinging nature to this receptors repair pattern. When I’m in a wave, my acytecholine receptors seem to be underfunctioning and I need a small choline boost. When I’m in a window they’re on the hypersensitive side? Not sure. This is after all only my hypothesis!