When Did Your Insomnia Get Better?

[th...]

Five weeks after the jump after 10+ years. Got three hours Saturday night, five hours (with Benadryl) Sunday night, and three hours again last night.

How long before you started to sleep regularly? Any strategies or tools?

Thanks!

After a year of my setback I'm still at about 4 hours a night..Benadryl helps some but I'm determined never to go over 25mg/night.

I do have an occasional rare night of 6 plus hours.....Falling asleep is something I do very well as I think I am asleep before my head hits the pillow. :laugh:

Alan

I'm almost 9 months off and I can sleep 8-9 hours in a row some nights and other nights, I get broken light sleep where I average about 5-6 hours.  It's not consistent for me at this point, but on my 8+ hour night sleep days I feel so much better. 

I get dizzy as well. Four months out and many days I feel good. Sleep is the key for me, I will have a few weeks were my sleep is 5 hours or so. Then good nights I will get 6 to 7, which is way better since I started using my CPAP and got off beer, soft drinks, and made my diet and consumption of liquids better. I stay away from over the counter meds, especially NyQuil. The last put me into a 4 day tailspin...

Good days bring me hope...

Stone

After a year of my setback I'm still at about 4 hours a night..Benadryl helps some but I'm determined never to go over 25mg/night.

I do have an occasional rare night of 6 plus hours.....Falling asleep is something I do very well as I think I am asleep before my head hits the pillow. :laugh:

Alan

Interesting. I usually don't have any problem falling asleep. But, I always wake up early. Lately, after the jump, some nights I don't fall asleep easily or I fall asleep for a short time and then wake right up. Very frustrating.

Even before starting benzo I had bad sleep habits I’ve never slept more than 6hrs in my life. Before clonazapam I was taking 50mg of Benadryl a night from the age of 16 to the age of 48 then it stopped

Working . From nov 2016 I haven’t slept more than 4 hrs anight

Even before starting benzo I had bad sleep habits I’ve never slept more than 6hrs in my life. Before clonazapam I was taking 50mg of Benadryl a night from the age of 16 to the age of 48 then it stopped

Working . From nov 2016 I haven’t slept more than 4 hrs anight

Yeah, my doc just told me yesterday that Benadryl will stop working if you use it daily.

I took benzos to sleep. At 27 months and I am getting 4 to 6 hours a night, but my sleep is not restful.  Most other symptoms are gone or significantly reduced.

I took benzos to sleep. At 27 months and I am getting 4 to 6 hours a night, but my sleep is not restful.  Most other symptoms are gone or significantly reduced.

Wow, that scares me. I really need some sleep!

I had bad insomnia for about 4 months.

I listened to a pod cast that basically taught me to embrace the lack of sleep and not to stress over it.

Totally changed my stress level about it.

Dont fear it!

In time you'll heal!!

I listened to a pod cast that basically taught me to embrace the lack of sleep and not to stress over it.

Dont fear it!

In time you'll heal!!

Mind posting a link to that podcast? Might be useful for people on the forum. And I'd certainly appreciate it!

Dont fear it!

In time you'll heal!!

PM sent.

Dont fear it!

In time you'll heal!!

Anyone have an idea how to get ahold of Stuckinaruttagain? I tried PM'ing, but to no avail...

Hey Think....Just a comment that a lot of people on here would kill for 3-5 hours of sleep.  You are doing great.  I am in 8th month of c/t and get 5-7 hrs a night.  What has changed for me the most is the quality of sleep.  5-6 hrs of good sleep is so much better than 8hrs of broken up toxic sleep.  Around my 4th month my sleep improved.  The first 3 months, I was lucky to get 2-3 hrs.  Often went days without.  Try the sleep video and stop thinking about it Think? (easier said than done)  This 'worrying' was def. part of my sleep problem.  You are healing up!

Hey Think....Just a comment that a lot of people on here would kill for 3-5 hours of sleep.  You are doing great.  I am in 8th month of c/t and get 5-7 hrs a night.  What has changed for me the most is the quality of sleep.  5-6 hrs of good sleep is so much better than 8hrs of broken up toxic sleep.  Around my 4th month my sleep improved.  The first 3 months, I was lucky to get 2-3 hrs.  Often went days without.  Try the sleep video and stop thinking about it Think? (easier said than done)  This 'worrying' was def. part of my sleep problem.  You are healing up!

I certainly don't feel like I'm doing great. There are those nights when I don't get any sleep at all. And when I do, those 3-5 hours are pretty shitty sleep. And when I constantly wake up, it makes me angry, which of course doesn't help anything.

I've got Sasha Stephens' book coming from the library. I think she is basically explaining the tenets of CBT-I. I need to change the way I think about this...

• 3 weeks later...
I am 10 months off diazepam and I sleep 7-8 hours now.  While tapering and the first 3 months after tapering I got 3 hours of sleep per night.  From months 4-10 my sleep gradually improved.  I can take a nap during the day now where before I could not.  I hope your sleep improves faster than mine did.  Once you can get a decent nights sleep it might help with everything else.

I am 10 months off diazepam and I sleep 7-8 hours now.  While tapering and the first 3 months after tapering I got 3 hours of sleep per night.  From months 4-10 my sleep gradually improved.  I can take a nap during the day now where before I could not.  I hope your sleep improves faster than mine did.  Once you can get a decent nights sleep it might help with everything else.

I hope so too. Thanks for the post.

• 2 weeks later...

Another night of 4 hours of poor quality sleep. I'm so exhausted...

Going to try some Rozeram tonight, hope it doesn't make me too groggy.