200 days

[88...]

As unspeakably difficult as this is,  I actually am finding myself giving in to what I need, accepting more, and most shocking for a guy like me, being grateful for these lessons. I so badly want to be past this but I know my healing will complete when it completes and I’ll be pretty peacefully badass when that happens.

As unspeakably difficult as this is,  I actually am finding myself giving in to what I need, accepting more, and most shocking for a guy like me, being grateful for these lessons. I so badly want to be past this but I know my healing will complete when it completes and I’ll be pretty peacefully badass when that happens.

Those are all important things, keep on keepin on!

• 1 month later...
Sure thing 88...lots of hard but true and good lessons, lots of blessings.  This trip holds our feet to the fire in a lot of ways, but especially learning patience and self-compassion.  We're being put through the mother of all boot camps with no time off for good behavior  :)

Really great post, 88. I too felt that way once my mind sort of cleaned itself up. Grateful I had to learn these lessons in such a difficult way but because I DID make it through, grateful just to be alive, grateful to have this second chance at life. Benzos almost killed me 9NOT an exaggeration) but I somehow survived and healed and now feel really normal in ways I have not for years.

I agree once off benzos you appreciate life more and realize how precious time is. I know I took things for granted always popping xans carelessly expecting everything is owned to me.