Songs for kids

[Sh...]

Hey all,

As some of you know i teach dance classes to kids. This summer i teach dance camps to toddlers 4 to 5 years old. I'm in a search for some nice songs. I speak Dutch so I already found one in Dutch but sometimes i teach English songs as well as long as they do have a nice tune or a groovy beat in them.

Songs that are a bit of my league are : 

I already chose lots of song from chipz ; so can't do them anymore…

(used this for a show)

As you see i go for songs that are a bit poppy but no dirty words for those kids in it. Anybody got any got ideas. I've searched high and low and could use some new input.  Toybox and Aqua are also songs i used before.

Thanks a lot in advance x

Love Shake x

Hey all,

As some of you know i teach dance classes to kids. This summer i teach dance camps to toddlers 4 to 5 years old. I'm in a search for some nice songs. I speak Dutch so I already found one in Dutch but sometimes i teach English songs as well as long as they do have a nice tune or a groovy beat in them.

Songs that are a bit of my league are : 

I already chose lots of song from chipz ; so can't do them anymore…

(used this for a show)

As you see i go for songs that are a bit poppy but no dirty words for those kids in it. Anybody got any got ideas. I've searched high and low and could use some new input.  Toybox and Aqua are also songs i used before.

Thanks a lot in advance x

Love Shake x

:smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:

How about some of the songs when the Jackson 5 were young, lots of beat, no bad words

The Monkeys, great beat no bad words

The Partridge Family

Just a suggestion

Wow i didn't expect this much response ! Thanks !

Youshook : The Locomotion : nice one.. why didn't i think about that ? Kylie was my favorite singer as i was younger. Kylie & Jason bringing back memories to my neigbours'time. Thanks !

Begood hahaha ; hmm you know me better than i think : The dino stomp (used that in a prehistorical mix years ago) and bout to use it again cauz we're doing a show about traveling through time and guess where i will be traveling to with my kids ? The fight song.. well this will always be my fight again mr B song. But it has a nice choreo to use for a starting cooldown (gonna teach a zumba class 8-12 years old) gonna use this one to end.  So many good songs. Thanks !

Redevan thanks ! That will be a nice theme song for a show.Haven't thought about that one. Thank you !

Mary gonna have to look into those ! The Jacksons i know but gonna youtube the others.  Thanks so much !

Hug to all of you x

Wow i didn't expect this much response ! Thanks !

Youshook : The Locomotion : nice one.. why didn't i think about that ? Kylie was my favorite singer as i was younger. Kylie & Jason bringing back memories to my neigbours'time. Thanks !

Begood hahaha ; hmm you know me better than i think : The dino stomp (used that in a prehistorical mix years ago) and bout to use it again cauz we're doing a show about traveling through time and guess where i will be traveling to with my kids ? The fight song.. well this will always be my fight again mr B song. But it has a nice choreo to use for a starting cooldown (gonna teach a zumba class 8-12 years old) gonna use this one to end.  So many good songs. Thanks !

Redevan thanks ! That will be a nice theme song for a show.Haven't thought about that one. Thank you !

Mary gonna have to look into those ! The Jacksons i know but gonna youtube the others.  Thanks so much !

Hug to all of you x

:smitten::)  :smitten:

Bg thanks ! I know the song but it's been used already by collegues that teach together with me .. we can't use a song twice. But thanks for keeping up the search x

Hahaha Mary yes, in one of my Zumba kids classes... but thanks so much for keeping up the search ! Hugs xxx

Shake, I am almost positive you will have used this, but just incase

The Twist by Chubby Checker  :)

:smitten: :smitten: :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Anyone has some nice songs usable for the youngest kids : 2,5 to 3 years old ? We have the showtheme : travelling through time : i've got already the songs for the 4-5 year old : one about dinosaurs (includ dino stomp) and one about technical problems concerning the time travelling machine.  Maybe for the littlz one about the moon or sweet little monsters... shout out your ideas… i'm on the search aswell. Other ideas about the theme are welcome aswell, as long as they aren't to scary for the little ones. I'm looking for something cute.

Thanks a lot ! Love x Shake x

‘The Point’ animated movie, all of the songs are mild and sweet.

All songs are Harry Nilsson who performed “Coconut” song and others. He and his collaborator’s work influenced the Beatles.

Maybe lots of people know, but I still think he’s great.

This man actually wrote “Coconut”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Cayabyab

I think I have my facts straight, but The Point album and movie are good nonetheless.

“Me And My Arrow”

“Think About Your Troubles”

The movie is about a lot of things, it’s about self-acceptance and lasting friendship and trust in the mystery of life as discovered by a boy, Oblio, and his dog Arrow.

How about some of the songs when the Jackson 5 were young, lots of beat, no bad words

The Monkeys, great beat no bad words

The Partridge Family

Just a suggestion

This is a good idea, to me too, I think of “The Sandlot” or “Stand By Me” or “Now And Then.” I don’t even know if movies like “Fried Green Tomatoes” would have the old Motown songs and the like. Oldies would be perfect, I think. Maybe some are too mature, like the slow songs obviously.

The Archies - Sugar, Honey, Honey

Not that I have kids, but there were plenty of teachers around because my aunt and grandmother taught young kinds. My boyfriend in high school had a much younger brother and sister, and I got to be around them a lot.

Well, sounds fun.

Thought of Whitney Houston, too, but I was 9 and liked “How Will I know” and “I Wanna Dance With Somebody.”

Mon pilote, thanks, lots of songs i can get into for my regular classes !

Bg, that's the kind i'm looking for our themed dance show.. moon, time travelling, also little cute monsters are fine ! Great !!! I 'm gonna keep this one in mind.