4 am...WHY!??

[...]

What exactly causes the 4am wake up? Is it adrenaline, cortisol, lack of cortisol, etc?? How does it work? I can’t take it anymore. I tried Seriphos the last 2 days and had broken, crappy sleep. Didn’t take any last night now I’m up at 4 am. Wonder if I triggered the 4 am wake up by trying it. Or just could be typical horrid sleep. Really have enough of this. 19 1/2 months is a long time.

[f2...]

As a man in my mid fifties, I routinely get from my medical staff, "your nighttime wake ups could be normal for your age group."

Anyway, as you get far, far older, expect more and more of the answers to be "it's likely your age" (even though it's not)

I have woken with broken sleep since 2009 or so.  That's 10 years thus far.  In the beginning, adrenaline prevented me from returning to sleep.  I suppose I have to look at it like I am some sort of cat now.  Getting hour to two-hour naps (day or night).

It's completely rough, I can tell you!

Thanks Alaric, it’s torturing me to such an extreme degree that I feel like I can’t hold on much longer. I recently got that from a guy at the gym, but I’m only 39. I don’t think normal sleep should be gone at my age. Hoping we get some better sleep soon.