Advice on switching from .5mg Klonopin to Valium

[md...]

Hi all, I have had chronic insomnia for the past 6 months and have been on multiple meds. I honestly feel it started when my Dr cold turkey me off of ativan 1 mg that I been taking for between November and January and put me on multiple failed sleep aids. I restarted Ativan in March, did not work and got moved to Klonopin which I took for a couple weeks, then tried was taken off when I admitted myself for 4 days, put on seroqual for 5 days, hated it, back to Mirtazapine higher dose 15 mg, did not work, back to .5 Klonopin which I have been on about 1 and 1/2 months. It has not been working, I still have chronic insomnia amongst other symptoms and just want to get off all the drugs. My Dr suggest crossing over to Vailium to begin a taper.

I started 2 nights ago, ( .25 mg klonopin / 5 mg Valium and .125mg klonopin in the late am) then it will change weekly until I am eventually only taking Valium. I am now worried that this may not have been the best plan as I have been feeling worse. I am sure it take some time to get use to, but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Best!

M

Hi There -- your situation seems a bit different than mine, but I was on .5 K for years and recently switched over to 10 mg Valium. I allowed myself about a three week c/o period (.25 K and 5mg V), and then another month to make sure all was well and now have started my taper. Honestly, very smooth sailing so far for me. The V made me a little more sedated than the K, but overall, I felt pretty normal during the cross over and the month after. It was definitely a good choice for me because I am doing a cut and hold taper, and V dosages make that much easier than the K. Hope that helps? Best of luck to you.

Thanks! My Dr told me to switch after 1’week. I started 2 nights ago and have felt over sedated. Was not sure if I should restart the 50/50. I have only been on klonopin for 3

Months. I hope this gets easier