Life seems to be getting better

[ji...]

It feels like I'm pulling myself up out of hell. I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel. I've been off Ativan for about 8 or 9 months now with the exception of taking a quarter of one twice when my anxiety got too much. I'm starting to feel again. I'd say feeling better but just feeling something other then impending doom is an improvement. It took a very long time and a very hard road but happy is back on occasion. Just getting out of bed isn't such a heavy weight and struggle. My memory seems to be improving as well. That's the whole reason I quit taking Ativan in the first place. Felt like I was losing myself, all my memories were fading away. Plus losing the ability to recognize people even family members. I had gone and done things like seen movies with friends with no recollection of it. I was getting scared and I don't scare easy. All that is starting to fade away now. I'm not sure about full recovery, seems like some permanent brain damage, we'll see in time. I'm very encouraged by some of the posts on here that my brain might heal completely. Things are getting better, the storm is subsiding, the sun is peeking out, and the horizon seems hopeful. Thanks to all on this platform for helping and your continued help, you are all a lifesaver.

Congrats on your healing! Im also 9 months off and left with slight dizziness and lightheadedness as well as occasional cog fog but definitely improving and tons better than months 1-6. What symptoms are you still left with that you feel may be permanent? Ive read alot of success stories and many times those last lingering symptoms eventually fade. Again, congrats!

Fp

Jiff,

Congratulations on your story! Some symptoms hang longer than others, different ones for different people....but for many they get better with time. I can't believe I made it from where I was! Happy for you and continued success! :thumbsup:

B strong

• 3 months later...
It's almost a year!!! I can hardly believe how hard that was, especially the first few months. Those were some of the darkest days of my life.  I'm surprised I'm still here, to tell you the truth. It does get better, slowly but surely. I'm not sure I'll ever be the same person but then again who is after such an ordeal? The main thing that has me concerned is the memory loss. It seems to be slowly getting better but very slowly. My heart goes out to everyone that's going through this. It's hard but it gets better and life is worth fighting for, right?

Congratulations!  :smitten: I'm so happy that you're feeling better and had the insight while medicated to see how it was affecting you. I had the same moment where I just knew that I was not living to my full potential and decided I wanted off right then and there. You'll continue to make a full recovery, none of the damage is permanent/structural. It's functional damage to neuroreceptors which upregulate in time as your body begins to cope naturally while off of the medication.

Thank you for sharing!

na-  :angel:

Congratulations jiff3 i am so pleased for you, its great that you are seeing improvements. You are going to continue to get better, thanks for sharing 

Magrita :smitten: